Celebrity Encounters

Carl

I have met quite a few celebrities, living and working where there is always filming going on, but I rarely have a camera with me. On fathers day, 2006, I was ready, though. I knew I would be at The Playboy Jazz Festival (backstage!) and I knew who was one of the big names performing, so I made sure I was ready......

ElvisCostello.jpg

EC

AllenToussaint.jpg

Allan Toussaint

SteveNieve.jpg

Steve Nieve

This won't mean much to the civilians here, but I think it's pretty cool. I met the Commandant of the Marine Corps, General Conway and the Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps, Sergeant Major Kent when I was at Fort Sill, Oklahoma. I kinda felt like a little school girl. I didn't know what to say.

Here's some PFC that's been in the Corps for like 6 months, and he's standing next to the Marine that reports directly to the president, and his enlisted advisor.

This won't mean much to the civilians here, but I think it's pretty cool. I met the Commandant of the Marine Corps, General Conway and the Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps, Sergeant Major Kent when I was at Fort Sill, Oklahoma.

They may not be celebrities, but they are much more important.

He may not be a huge celebrity, but he is a sports hero, and in St Louis he's one of the biggest. Back when I worked in retail pharmacy I met "The Wizard of Oz" Ozzie Smith, one of the Cardinals most beloved heros. Like any normal person he walked to the pharmacy counter and asked me where to find the wrist braces. I almost fell over myself trying to get out of the pharmacy & show him. ;)