Celebrity Encounters

Carl

I thought we had a thread for this, but I couldn't find it: Describe your celebrity encounters.

Yesterday I met my comedy/hair idol Andy Samberg. We both had good seats at Fenway park, and he was very cool about letting me get a picture with him. I told him that Lazy Sunday remains the funniest thing I've ever seen (which is true), and he seemed to really appreciate it.

He stayed the whole game and I never saw him pull out a cell phone or device of any kind. He watched the game, had a beer or two and maybe a Fenway Frank, and followed the action on the field. Maybe this explains why he's so damn funny - he pays attention. My already high opinion of Mr. Samberg is even higher now.

What celebrity encounters have you had?

I met the guy who plays Ethan (the other who stole Claire) at an ND pep rally (maybe not a celebrity to you non-obsessed people, but a pretty big deal to me). He's just as creepy looking in real life, but much friendlier as he didn't beat me up or try to kill me or do experiments on babies.

I love Andy Samberg!! *envy**envy**envy*

I've met a few celebrities, but I really hate approaching them, just because I think if I were them I'd hate it if people bugged me alla time. So I usually don't. So even if I saw Andy Samberg, I would have just been slack-jawed staring at him and never gotten near him. Which would probably have bugged him more than people who actually say hi.

I met the guy who plays Ethan (the other who stole Claire) at an ND pep rally (maybe not a celebrity to you non-obsessed people, but a pretty big deal to me). He's just as creepy looking in real life, but much friendlier as he didn't beat me up or try to kill me or do experiments on babies.

Dude be Tom Cruises' cousin, yo.

I met many celebrities in my work... I couldn't list them all.

I met the king of Spain once, in his palace yard. I was looking for some offices and then he came in a car and he stopped by me.

David Byrne and John Cale are not very funny. Kylie Minogue is very sweet and loves a good laugh. Nils Lofgren is cool as can be. Johnny Thunders was always stoned.

I've randomly met a number of celebrity types in NYC and not surprisingly at a number of resorts:

Rod Stewart - on the streets of NY

Jackie Gleason and Art Carney - filming a movie in NY

Many of the NY Football Giants including Lawrence Taylor

Jamie Lynn Sigler - The Sopranos

Brian Setzer - Stray Cats - Bahamas

Lou Ferrigno - Bahamas

Marylyn and Billy Davis Jr.

Phil Rizzuto

Cathy Lee Crosby

Alec Such - Bon Jovi bass player, took my sister to the prom

Chad Everett- I believe a gave my Chad Everett rant on SF before. Met him on one of the islands too.

There are more I can't think of right now.

This is in another thread somewhere

Ian Hunter and Mick Ronson at the Beacon Theatre

Jack Bruce at "My Fathers Place"(a club) on Long Island

Pat Travers at a bar in Dallas

John Mellencamp at the first Farm Aid

Almost all the Yankees in the 70's because my cousin was a NYC cop

Richard Nixon...way after he was president...and he really was a nice person(to me anyway)

Dion (Of the Belmonts)

Lena Horne

Telly Savalas (Kojak)...doing Kojak

Jorma (from Hot Tuna)gave me backstage passes :stars:

Ritchie Blackmore...not very friendly

a few more

Carl, that's so cool. Andy Samberg voices "Baby Brent" in one of Sammy's favorite movies, "Cloudy with A Chance of Meatballs".

I've never met anyone famous :( , but it's probably just as well, because I'd be too chicken to say anything anyway.

My hubby saw Paul Newman at Pocono (PA) raceway back in his college days. One of his friends recognized him and called out his name, so he turned around and waved.

Edited by Guest

Very cool Carl!...and a nice pic too!....I've never met anyone famous either Jenny, but hubby has....When hubby was working at a thruway gas station in his high school years, he met Christine McVie from Fleetwood Mac...and he met the members of The Fixx....

I've randomly met a number of celebrity types in NYC and not surprisingly at a number of resorts:

Rod Stewart - on the streets of NY

Jackie Gleason and Art Carney - filming a movie in NY

Many of the NY Football Giants including Lawrence Taylor

Jamie Lynn Sigler - The Sopranos

Brian Setzer - Stray Cats - Bahamas

Lou Ferrigno - Bahamas

Marylyn and Billy Davis Jr.

Phil Rizzuto

Cathy Lee Crosby

Alec Such - Bon Jovi bass player, took my sister to the prom

Chad Everett- I believe a gave my Chad Everett rant on SF before. Met him on one of the islands too.

There are more I can't think of right now.

Rod Stewart was with Rachel Hunter...how could I forget?

Some of these people are quite famous, others are only famous in certain circles:

Eric Clapton - Played a small acoustic set in Kansas City, got to have a nice Chat after the gig.

The Dandy Warhols - Danced with Zia (keyboard player who I will always have a schoolboy crush on)during the opening band's set and got invited to the after party

Kansas - The lead singer lived down the street from me and taught Sunday school at my church.

Chris Thile - Met him several times, got to jam with him at a festival

Alison Krauss and Union Station - met them at IBMA

Ricky Skaggs and Kentucky Thunder - my best friend is in the band

Dennis Hopper - Went to art class with my grandpa in Kansas City

Len Dawson (and most of the classic Kansas City Chiefs) - met them at my uncle's birthday party (he played in the first super bowl)

Frank Miller, Alan Moore, Stan Lee and several other comic book gods at comic con

I said hi to George Carlin once but I don't think he heard me

and I met Barack Obama before it was cool to meet Barack Obama