BTO's Tim Bachman Charged With Sexual Assault of a Minor

Levis

Tim Bachman, one of the founding members of classic rockers Bachman-Turner Overdrive, is now facing charges of sex crimes against a young girl, according to British Columbia's Abbotsford News.

The 58-year-old Bachman was formally charged on Monday in an Abbotsford court and accused of sexual interference with a person under the age of 14, sexual assault and touching a young person for a sexual purpose.

Bachman -- who formed BTO with his brothers Randy and Robbie plus Fred Turner in the early 1970s -- was arrested by Abbotsford police for incidents that supposedly began a decade ago when the accuser was just 11 years old. According to the complainant, who first came forward in March 2009, Bachman continued the assault for three years until she was 14.

The guitarist/singer, who reportedly works as a local real estate agent, turned himself into Abbotsford police on May 12, six days after a warrant for his arrest was issued. He has since been released on a promise to appear in court on July 5.

Bachman-Turner Overdrive sold more than 20 million albums worldwide on the strength of singles like 'You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet' and 'Takin' Care of Business.' Tim Bachman left the group in 1974, but rejoined for a 1984 reunion tour and tours in 1987 and 1988.

Source

Um, but it's been proven in the cases of:

- jerry lee lewis

- chuck berry

- jimmy page and david bowie (they molested the same 12-year old girl)

- steve tyler

- ted nugent

- r. kelly

I thought it was taken for granted that if you're a Rock star, then being a paedophile/child molester isn't as big of a deal as it is with normal people :beatnik:

steve tyler adopted a girl so he could have sex with her. I think she was 13 or 14. She ended up getting pregnant, but got an abortion. It's in a biography titled Walk This Way. ted nugent also adopted a girl so he could have sex with her, but she was 15 or 16. It's a well-known fact they're child molesters, but nobody got up in arms about it, so I don't get why it's a huge deal now :beatnik:

ted nugent also adopted a girl so he could have sex with her, but she was 15 or 16.

She's the chick from the video for "Little Miss Dangerous" (Shawna, you might want to check out that video)...and, if I'm not mistaken, I think he's still married to her.

Or did she get too old for him when she reached her twenties? I don't remember.

Ted rocks, man!

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

I call bullspit, I submitted this "urban legend" on Nugent and Tyler to Snopes just now with the detailed information, they will get to the bottom of it eventually. There is not enough proof to prove it ever happened in either of those scenarios. As for Aerosmith, it could've just been a self-ploy to sell more books :P

From Wikipedia:

"In 1978, Nugent began a now-infamous relationship with a seventeen year old Hawaii native named Pele Massa. Due to the age difference between him and Massa, Nugent could not marry the young woman; so he instead asked Pele's parents if he could be her legal guardian. Owing to Ted's unwillingness to stay faithful, their relationship ended less than a decade afterward."

Okay, my bad. They did split up when she reached her twenties. Just too old for him, I guess.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester:

In 1978, Nugent began a now-infamous relationship with a seventeen year old Hawaii native named Pele Massa. Due to the age difference between him and Massa, Nugent could not marry the young woman; so he instead asked Pele's parents if he could be her legal guardian. Owing to Ted's unwillingness to stay faithful, their relationship ended less than a decade afterward.

I don't completely trust Wiki as a reliable source, but they cite Artistfacts as the reference source to this story. :)

And I am set up to interview Nugent pretty soon.

Prepare for an onslaught of borderline-offensive right wing nonsense. Like this: "Obama, he's a piece of s*** and I told him to suck on my machine gun!" Cat Scratch Fever rocks, but Ted Nugent is an ass. He's one of the few rock stars of the seventies who stayed away from drugs and he turned out to be the craziest.

He's crazy because he wants the President of the United States to "suck on his machine gun". I despised Bush, but I would never say anything that stupid.

Other choice Nugent quotes:

"... Yeah they love me (in Japan) - they're still a**holes. These people they don't know what life is. I don't have a following, they need me; they don't like me they need me ... Foreigners are a**holes; foreigners are scum; I don't like 'em; I don't want 'em in this country; I don't want 'em selling me doughnuts; I don't want 'em pumping my gas; I don't want 'em downwind of my life-OK? So anyhow-and I'm dead serious ..."

"... I met a couple of guys in line yesterday and they say write something to my girlfriend, she won't let me go hunting. I wrote her something, I wrote Drop dead b*tch. What good is she, trade her in, get a Dalmatian, who needs her, the wench."

On Hilary Clinton: "You probably can't use the term 'toxic c**t' in your magazine, but that's what she is. Her very existence insults the spirit of individualism in this country. This bitch is nothing but a two-bit whore for Fidel Castro."

Edited by Guest
wow. With all the toxic language in those statements I wasn't sure it was even worth editing the naughty words. But it's policy!! :-/

Ted talks alot of trash...Because he can get away with it...I don't know if he's crazy :confused: but I saw him in San Antone and he said everyone should speak english or go back home...Not exactly the right thing to say anywhere...But,that's just the kind of stuff he says...Sometimes he should just be quiet and play his guitar...

I call bullspit, I submitted this "urban legend" on Nugent and Tyler to Snopes just now with the detailed information, they will get to the bottom of it eventually. There is not enough proof to prove it ever happened in either of those scenarios. As for Aerosmith, it could've just been a self-ploy to sell more books :P

They're not an "urban legend." It makes absolutely no sense to be known as a child molesting paedophile in order to just sell books - now that is a buncha horses**t. steve tyler of aerosmith took parental custody of a 14-year old girl so he could have sex with her, she ended up getting pregnant, and got an abortion :beatnik: