2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa

Farin

Martin, as a loyal team Germany supporter I've seen eye to eye with u so far... but here's where we differ:

I'd rather see the orange crush finally pick up a World Cup. They've been deserving for many years. Always bridesmaids... etc.

:tongue:

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's all well and good... do you remember Italy's statistic for win streak? That didn't help them! :blush:

In fact, this WC is one of the most surprising ever with so many football giants falling fast and hard... I guess that's why they play the games... :wink:

yes, so they'll forget about the crisis, 5 million unemployed, the prices raising again, crooks and robbers everywhere (the banks, the politicians are the main ones) everything's a mess right now in Spain... but hey, we won... I'm sure if we had elections for president tomorrow, the ones who rule the land would win again.

In any case, it made my nephew smile and my spanish friends (some of them) will be happy.

We won't be able to sleep tonight. It's very hot outside and noisy so we'd better keep the windows closed.

^I'm just hoping he knows lotto numbers.

And forget order and economic stability Edna, you've got World Cup bragging rights and a pretty little trophy, what more does one's country of residence need? Except maybe a chunk of that bonus money the Spanish players are recieving for this. :P

And forget order and economic stability Edna, you've got World Cup bragging rights and a pretty little trophy, what more does one's country of residence need? Except maybe a chunk of that bonus money the Spanish players are recieving for this. :P

:laughing: :laughing:

I like your sense of humor, BlueAngel... :cool:

Yes, the match was definitely BAD. I think the Dutchs did a much too agressive play and I didn't enjoy that.

I was thinking "Hey, you Spaniard players earn a fortune, people!! Come on, make a goal, for all that money's sake!!!" :laughing:

It was a grinder, but glad it didn't go to penalty kicks and we got one nice goal.

Yes, penalties are a plain lottery... :P too good we didn't get to it. Yes, no fair play from Holland, and I'm glad Spain won the Cup.

It's calm here now... but what a night!! :doh: :laughing:

Thank you, Carl! :)

Heard nothing but badthings about the game. Glad I decided to go back to bed. It started at 4 am Oz time. Netherlands were really desperate to win, I b'lieve. I was barracking for them, but then I heard about all the fouls and well, glad Spain won then.

it really was a bad match, partly, but not alone because of the many fouls (new record for cards in a final btw), but both teams also didn't play very well...

all in all I noticed that final games are very often not the best matches in a tournament... maybe they are THAT important?

on another note: Thomas Müller, 20 years old, who played in the German 3rd league 12 months ago, won the Golden Boot as the Top Scorer (5 goals + 3 assists) AND the award for Best Young Player :D :D

(in this case I don't even care that he plays for Munich ;) )