2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa

Farin

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3-2 final for the Netherlands, yay. :D

Though it was far from a perfect performance. Stekelenburg could have done better in goal and there were some defensive errors, but the combined attacking force of Robben, Sniejder, Kuyt and Van Persie was in top form. Still it could have ended better for them instead of with the late Uruguay goal and the referee letting the 3 min added time stretch to 5. But they got their win so best of luck to them against, well, y'know. ;)

I'm learning a lot from this thread, including that Paraguay is in South America. :P

I'm adapting to the subjective nature of this sport: it ends when the ref feels like it, offsides is a crapshoot, and free kicks can be taken anywhere in the general area of the foul.

It does bug me that a great German player gets a card against Argentina so he can't play against Spain.

Despite the fudgy rules, the play is fantastic, we're not bombarded with ads, and it's over in 2 hours most of the time. They should do this every year.

I'm learning a lot from this thread, including that Paraguay is in South America. :P

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It does bug me that a great German player gets a card against Argentina so he can't play against Spain.

It doesn't bug me at all... :grin: :grin:

Besides, they will win, they' re in shape and are quite agressive which is the right mix for soccer. If they have a wise and bright coach (which is the opposite to Maradona) then they are definitley the winners.

Pourtant... ¡¡¡España!!!! :cool:

Um, apparantly not. :P

Spain just beat Germany 1-0, they face the Netherlands on Sunday! :o

Spain dominated from the start and kept possession for much of the game. They defended well, kept pushing forward and got lucky from a set-piece. But overall Germany was bafflingly non-threatening. I doubt very many would have predicted this one.

Es hat nicht sollen sein :P

Germany really wasn't as good as in the matches against England and Argentina, they seemed very nervous with too much respect, especially in the first half

but that was also because Spain was that good today... they just barely gave us any opportunity to get into a good play, barely made any mistakes and were very hard to separate from the ball :P

for the statistic fans: for the first time since 1978 will a team (ie Spain) win the World Cup for the first time

Well, Paul the Octopus did... :laughing:

Sorry, Martin, amigo! :P

that's okay, no need to apologize ;)

and Paul really seems to have a good system for that ;)

on the other hand: the last time he predicted a match wrong was: Germany vs Spain (European Cup final 2008) :laughing:

for the statistic fans: for the first time since 1978 will a team (ie Spain) win the World Cup for the first time

Yes, a team will win its 1st World Cup on Sunday ... but not necessarily Spain. Netherlands has never won a Cup either, finishing 2nd in 1974 & 1978.

yes, I know that ;)

my points were: 1. that for the first time since 1978 will a team win the World Cup for the first time

and 2. Spain will win, imo

just mangled together in one sentences, sorry that it wasn't clear :)