2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa

Farin

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want Spain to win as much as they can so I have one hour off at work :grin: We can leave sooner when there's a match.

Otherwise, I only care for Argentina and still I find football very boring lately. I din't even watched Argentina-? the other day...

Some of the games that I expected to be exciting between the "heavyweights" were rather boring, the talent on both sides seemed to cancel each other out.

On the other hand matches that on paper you think would've been dull were actually more entertaining and overall "better" football (e.g. Denmark vs Japan) at least from a viewer's perspective.

USA sucked? Have we seen the same match? :confused:

Nah, USA did a good match... :cool: It's the second World Cup they participate in. They have no tradition for soccer and yet they were very good.

And now, the main thing...

[bIGGEST]ARGENTINA!!!!!!![/bIGGEST]

Nah, USA did a good match... :cool: It's the second World Cup they participate in. They have no tradition for soccer and yet they were very good.

Actually, the USA participated in 9 World Cups so far, the first in 1930, where they reached the 3rd place :)

Normally I try not to be a crazed, obsessed, referee-questioning fan, but on this particular occasion I choose to wave that restraint and say

What on God's green earth was that official looking at? I know he was pretty far but THAT WAS A GOAL IF I EVER SAW ONE! I admit our defending has been atrocious, we've allowed oceans of room for Klose and Podolski and paid for it with the two goals, but WE DESERVED THAT TIE. UGH!! :mad:

Well, I'm disappointed, but realistically we never had much of a chance judging from our performance in group stage. We're just not strong enough, particularly when it comes to defending. But no matter what I still love em'. Go Rooney! :D

Not to take anything away from Germany, they deserved this win. But it's kind of ironic: their dominance and efficiency remind of top-form Chelsea even though a good chunk of England's team is composed of Chelsea players. This was supposed to be my consolation for them taking the Premiership this year. :P

Holy crap, Germany is really good.

Nah, they've been lucky that they keep coming up against rubbish opponents. As soon as they meet anyone of any quality, they'll be bollocksed. Their defence hasn't really been challenged yet, by attackers of potency. (Ghana created plenty of chances against them; more clinical finishing might have won them the game). Against more swashbuckling and dynamic (i.e. South American) forwards, their pedestrian defenders risk being ripped to shreds.

It's not a case of "sour grapes", my saying this. Germany thoroughly deserved to beat England today; if the margin had been greater, it would not have flattered them. One can argue that, had Lampard's goal been allowed and we had gone in level at half-time, things might have been different. (For example, we wouldn't have been chasing the game and might not have committed so many men forward, which directly resulted in goals 3 and 4, both scored on the break, with scarcely a defender in sight.) Realistically, though, England were lamentable; our defence, in particular, was a shambolic nightmare.

Throughout this tournament, our so-called "world-class" stars - particularly Terry and Rooney - have criminally under-performed. I'm no fan of Ashley Cole, but he's one of the very few to emerge with any credit whatsover. Lamentable.