2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa

Farin

well, it's still pretty close in the group... even Chile can still not make it...

on another note, what's currently happening with France? I don't know whether to laugh or sadly shake my head :P

I just read that Domenech even fears that some players will boycott the match tomorrow? tsk tsk

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole thing is a mess. Anelka should have kept his opinions to himself and Evra certainly shouldn't have led or continue to lead what, at this point, is a rather pointless protest. Just play. If by some stroke of luck they advance, fine if not, bow out gracefully. I think their image has been tarnished enough without more of this nonsense.

Highly entertaining , Mr. Lizard. :thumbsup:

I was being ironic, of course. In comparison with the French, England remain dignified. Who doesn't? By tomorrow evening, everything may have changed on that front.

On the other hand, your videoclip merely shows an individual making a dreadful howler, but does not reflect upon the rest of the players. Fair enough, England's performance against the USA was sub-par, but it wasn't utterly dreadful. And a cataclysmic human error was the only way the USA were going to score, even against a sub-par England. So enjoy your moment in the sunsheeine, knowing that you gained a point against the mighty England, without really having to earn it. ;)

What vexes most of us here it the moment is not the unimpressive performance against the USA - we can handle that; we were still the better side, after all - but the surreally lacklustre show against Algeria. We have all scratched our puzzlers till our puzzlers were sore over that one. For many of us, it is the worst England performance in living memory. The question is "why?". Nobody seems to know. Always harder to solve a problem when you don't know the cause of it.

Donovan's goal may have saved soccer in America. You wouldn't know it by our politics, but we like fairness and accountability over here, and if the US didn't advance, it would have been a travesty.

Now let's see if Germany comes out strong.

I dunno, aside from the small percentage of Americans who actually know about, follow, support or generally don't deride football, I can't really think of anyone who'd be too upset if they hadn't, referee issues or not. :P

It's interesting to see the Boateng brothers competing though... random Simpsons quote from the little league hockey episode:

Homer: "I want to see you both fighting for your parents' love! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!" (while he flicks the light on and off) :D