2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa

Farin

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some people really have too much freetime

Isn't that a requirement for people who use Twitter? :P

I was happy Korea DPR did so well against Brazil holding them off for over half the game and at least they got a consolation goal. Maicon's goal for Brazil was pretty brilliant from that angle though.

:laughing: :laughing:

Today the Spanish team plays against some other team (I don't know where they are from) so they told us at work that we could go to work in the morning instead. How considerate :grin:

I TAKE UMBRAGE AT THIS and am forwarding you my to-do list plus a three page essay on why people on twitter are in fact busier than people on message boards, the gist of which is: it takes less time to put together 140 characters than a forum post or blog entry or anything else on the internets.

#TwitterDefense

For those who want the World Cup feeling the whole day:

http://www.vuvuzela-time.co.uk/www.songfacts.com :)

Holy &*^%, that's loud! I clicked on it here at work but didn't realize my speakers were all the way up. I just about killed myself trying to turn it down and then I started laughing out loud like a lunatic. Then I realized how crazy I must have looked and started laughing even harder. And now that I'm typing this I'm even more amused and still laughing.

Who knew I'd have such a great time in a soccer thread?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

More funstuff from Twitter:

@MatttLloyd: Listen to vuvuzelas without all the annoying football: http://www.vuvuzela.fm/

and

@ danielmaier: Vuvuzela painstakingly transcribed: http://bit.ly/asGhGz

Second one's a Posterous blog post. Both are LOLs. :D :D

I TAKE UMBRAGE AT THIS and am forwarding you my to-do list plus a three page essay on why people on twitter are in fact busier than people on message boards, the gist of which is: it takes less time to put together 140 characters than a forum post or blog entry or anything else on the internets.

No offense intended to the Twitterites present. My counter-argument would be that because it takes less time to post on it people do it more often and therefore could end up spending more time overall. :P

Anyway, I'm glad the Swiss did well and not totally surprised since Spain are among the great underachievers of this tournament. A couple of my friends are huge Spanish supporters, but I warned them that notwithstanding their FIFA ranking, Euro 2008 victory and impressive qualifying run, history is not on their side in the World Cup.

Uruguay is up 1-0 at half time against South Africa. Hopefully that will change in the second forty-five, I'd like to see RSA get something from this.

^Good news for us then. :D

But terrible news for RSA, the goalkeeper has been red-carded, they have to sacrifice Peinaar (their best player) and they're facing a penalty kick from Forlan. This could be it for them, unless they beat France later. :(

2-0, 9 minutes left.

Edited by Guest

whoa! Greece shot more than one goal in a match! :shocked: :D (they're known for their VERY defensive strategy)

tonight is France vs Mexico... let's see if France plays any better than their first match

and tomorrow are three very interesting duels:

Germany vs Serbia

Slovenia vs USA

England vs Algeria

tonight is France vs Mexico... let's see if France plays any better than their first match

Not so far, 0-0 just after 35 minutes and Mexico is doing quite well, putting a bit of pressure on France's defense.

Apparantly its pretty cold for them tonight, but at least the players on the bench look quite comfy in their blankets. :D

And yes tomorrow's matches look to be quite entertaining... provided we don't lose. :P

^LOL, while I sympathize I'm actually in the opposite situation, I wanted to watch the first two matches (especially Argentina vs South Korea), but missed both cause I had to work. I still have to watch the new Dr. Who episode I didn't see last week because, again, work, but which I have all set up for after this match. These couple free hours are my reward. :D

And don't worry you're not missing much, except a significant reduction in the vuvuzela din, you can actually hear some fans.