2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa

Farin

I got a mani/pedi yesterday and France v Uruguay was on the tv at the salon. I tried so hard to get into the spirit but all they seemed to do was mill around. Not much seemed to happen. I think I'll stick to competitive hot dog eating as my main sport of choice. :grin:

that was a particularly bad/boring match, maybe England vs USA today will be better? ;)

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, I certainly won't dare to make such a judgement, but if you say so... :shades: :D

but seriously, no, you don't ;)

maybe you won't win against England, but with the other teams in the group, Algeria and Slovenia, you have good chances...

you have to think in terms of football (soccer, whatever) - the 1:1 draw against Mexico was a VERY good result for South Africa, eg

and come to think of - you can even lose and NOT suck, if you play good. Just like Nigeria did today (they lost 1:0 against Argentina, who's one of the top favourites for the Cup)

Well at least no draws so far today, so Americans can perhaps be not quite so bored. :P

I was surprised Argentina wasn't more dominant, but I'm glad South Korea did well (2-0 against Greece), thanks in part to a certain Man United midfielder. :D

But to the issue at hand: Eng vs USA 1-0

What the hell...job opening for England: goalkeeper. :doh: :confused:

the first thing the German commentator said: "Will this never end with England and their goalkeepers? :crazy: "

edit: PS, phil, Italy plays on Monday

Edited by Guest

Friend of mine says a sliding tackle from behind is a red card penalty. The only one in a sea of 'WTF?!?!?!'s.

Germany is ruthless. Obviously the better team but my GOD they're brutal. Deserve to win, but I'm totes not supporting them for lack of friendly vibes.