The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #222

Damn, I'm 0-for-4 so far.

Your Whining Strategy might work but you shouldn't count on it.

A better bet is to nominate a Truly Universally Beloved tune, like Ain't That A Bitch by Johnny "Guitar" Watson (which finished Number Eight in The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #131).

Of course that one had the added advantage of starting with an 'A', putting it on top in the alphabetical list, a damn slick ploy by bazooka.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, folks. Didn't mean to cause offense with my comment. I wasn't whining and I'm not thinking of this as a competition.

I've already discovered some songs that I wasn't aware of before, just by listening to the mixes, which is great.

I guess I was just a little bit surprised that the songs I nominated didn't get many votes. A lesson for me, to remind me that people's tastes are wide and varied.

Edited by Guest

Quite allright BIG, (see it's catching ...). We go through this same discussion every few months, and it generally sets off a rant (woohoo, not from me this time! :D ). You would have no way of knowing that, and we all totally get where you are coming from. The 10 is tough, you've got tastes & ages of members as wide and varied, as well, all of our members are. So getting something into the final 10 isn't always as easy as it looks. Some great songs have been nominated 3 or 4 times before they finally make it. Just hang in there, if that's your goal, to get into the ten, you'll eventually get there (yes it is lovely when you make it). But along the way you'll also have the opportunity to listen to and learn some great music. ;)

sfc4.png

The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #222 for the week ending 13th June, 2010

1. In Your Eyes - Peter Gabriel (1986)

2. Don't You (Forget About Me) - Simple Minds (1985)

3. Go All the Way - Raspberries (1972)

4. Too High - Stevie Wonder (1973)

5. Better Things - The Kinks (1981)

6. Yours is No Disgrace - Yes (1971)

7. Fire Down Below, The - Bob Seger (1976)

8. Don't Take Me Alive - Steely Dan (1976)

9. Where You Lead - Carol King (1971)

10. Who's Crying Now - Journey (1981)

Thank you to everyone who participated :headphones: