need the name of a 90's alternative song

tcd7188

hey can anyone tell me the name of this song and artist? it's one of those songs where you cant quite tell what the lyrics are. it's from the mid to late 90's. its something like: "as i walk along by, i stop to the edge, to see the world around..." then ends the chorus with "it's the world i would know, it's the world i would know" -- please help! thanks :help:

That sounds like Collective Soul - The World I Know:

The World I Know

Has our conscience shown?

Has the sweet breeze blown?

Has all the kindness gone?

Hope still lingers on.

I drink myself of newfound pity

Sitting alone in New York City

And I don't know why.

Are we listening

To hymns of offering?

Have we eyes to see

That love is gathering?

All the words that I've been reading

Have now started the act of bleeding

Into one.

So I walk up on high

And I step to the edge

To see my world below.

And I laugh at myself

As the tears roll down.

'Cause it's the world I know.

It's the world I know.

It's a good song, & the full album is even better, it was one of my favorites from the mid 90's. My favorite songs were December & Smashing Young Man.

I remember seeing the video for the song "World that I Know", it was about a guy who's overworked & under-appreciated. He's trying to find meaning in life & seems to be going through depression. He resorts to standing on a tall building & throwing his money over the crowd on the streets.

It's a good song, & the full album is even better, it was one of my favorites from the mid 90's. My favorite songs were December & Smashing Young Man.

I couldn't agree more. Two extremely good songs. I also liked Collection of Goods as much.

Excellent album. The first one was too.

Apparently Ed Roland (the lead singer) had a solo effort in the late 70's, I learned of this by going through the All Music Guide site. I was surprised by how old he actually was, seeing as how they didn't get their break until the middle of the 90's. Are they still together? I haven't heard anything by Collective Soul since they did a song for the Varsity Blues soundtrack called Run.