The Songfactors' Choice Top Albums of the Decade: The '70's

Lucky

but forever we will wonder if we voted for Sticky Fingers because we like it, or because we were influenced by subliminal messages :shades:

:laughing: :laughing:

No, now it's been prooved that [bIGGEST]STICKY FINGERS[/bIGGEST] is the best rock album in hist... I mean, of the seventies. :cool:

Great nomintaion, Lucky!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edited by Guest

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget about Exile and Goats Head Soup.

Jimmy Miller rules!

:afro: :afro: :afro: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

I would definitely add Goats Head Soup. Exile has a sort of diferent sound though... wich I absolutely love but I would say... like it has a bit of chaos and a bit of Spector...

I also think it was Mick Taylor who gave the Stones that 3-D sound. I love the other sound too (Jones, Wood). But the Taylor years were magic.

Goats Head Soup is my least favorite Stones album, and Angie is probably my least favorite of their 'hits'. I cannot abide that song. :P

I gotta say though, I'd have voted Sticky Fingers #1 no matter what. It really is the best album of all time to me.

Lots more to the list than the Stones though. It really ended up a good all round representation of 70's music. Except for the no-disco... Saturday Night Fever probably belongs on the list. I'm no huge disco fan, but that album is great, and without it we've left out a huge segment of 70's music.

Except for the no-disco... Saturday Night Fever probably belongs on the list. I'm no huge disco fan, but that album is great, and without it we've left out a huge segment of 70's music.

Disco was more of a singles genre, as disco was more of a producer than an artist's medium. Many disco songs were created to be played in clubs instead of to be dissected note for note at home, as most rock albums of the 70s were.

Honestly, I'm more bothered by the lack of What's Going On than the lack of disco.

Yeah, there is a distinct lack of color to the list. The highest placing album by a person of color came in at seventeen :P

Rather than me focusing on what isn't there, I should have left it at my first remark ... this really is a great representation of the best of 70's music. We can make a case for almost any of the albums that aren't there, and the reasons why they should be. That's what made this so flippin' hard. :P

Rather than me focusing on what isn't there, I should have left it at my first remark ... this really is a great representation of the best of 70's music. We can make a case for almost any of the albums that aren't there, and the reasons why they should be. That's what made this so flippin' hard. :P

Amen to this...

Maybe we should do a "70's" part B :D

I think it's a great list but even tho I knew we were gonna do this way ahead of time, I thought of lots more albums, after the fact of course.

Even The Stones beating out Pink Floyd seems logical to me.Sticky Fingers was the album of the seventies. Everyone had it and everyone loved it. Including me :D

I'll be a devoted Floyd fan forever but in this case, I think the list is perfect ;)

^^^ I agree with V ^^^

Of all albums mentioned (I read over the noms) whichever ones made the top 10 are going to be great.

I think every album mentioned should be placed in the TT in some manner (perhaps not #1 but top 10 for sure) so there's no way to please everyone with these noms for this list.

Great list tho kids! :rock: :drummer:

I think we should come back and do a second 70's thing...continue into the 80's and beyond...I do agree with the top picks(except maybe Exile On Main Street)that should be #1...Wow,I never realized how much good music came out in the 70's ...Layla,and other love songs :thumbsup: I just love this album...some of the best guitar I've ever heard in my life

Edited by Guest
some weed