Iron Man 2

Mike

ok, saw it this last weekend. I went in with painfully low "sequel" expectations and walked away feeling pretty damn good about it.

First, the first IM has a classic raw feel about it that I thoroughly enjoy. A feel I was confident current hollywood style of sequels would destroy in this film. I was pleased that they didn't. Not that raw feeling so much, but not all glitter and gloss either. It has substance, story, and interesting characters to watch. The play between Stark and Potts is classic.

Mickey Rourke was excellent as the villian, the new Rhodes (Cheadle) is a great addition, he is a great actor (imho) Johansson was, eh, ok, but the real applause goes to Downey Jr. for his character of Stark.

Smart, not great... but good, its opening weekend remains the fifth-biggest on record.

I was entertained, worth the ten bucks to see it in IMAX.

Some very smart humor, dazzling SFX, good steady pace through most of the film with a few softer moments, some of which are quite interesting actually. Also some very cheesy parts (this comment even supported by a ten yo as well)

Still, good films are are getting fewer and farther between these days in this action genre, seems like everything has been done or redone enough times.

If you are a fan of Fantastic Four, Transformers, Spiderman and the first Ironman, you should be be entertained by this.

3 out of 5, I'd say! Like I said, pretty good these days.

I am not a fan of action flicks, really. Liked a couple of the Batmans, enjoyed Spiderman, never liked the X-Men, or Fantastic Four or any of those.

Iron Man I really love. I don't know why. Maybe it's Robert Downey Jr., who is quite possibly the best actor of my generation. I liked Iron Man, and I really loved Iron Man 2. Me and my son both thought it was better than the first. And we just saw it on a regular screen, no fancy 3D or IMAX. It was a good blend of action, suspense, humor, and a dash of romance.

5/5 and two thumbs up.