Need "Grease Theme" Ideas

_Laurie_

Hey Guys...This year our company is doing a "Grease Theme" at camp. Our residents need to do a short, simple skit. Our house has all guy residents. I was thinking maybe the grease lightning scene would be good. The costume/wardrobe part is pretty easy, but I would have to have some kind of simple made car for the scene...just cut out of a large piece of cardboard maybe???? any other simple ideas?...or suggestions for another scene from Grease?

Our company also has a couple houses that have all girls living there...I've thought of contacting them to combine a skit together, but haven't asked them about it yet...

Any ideas would be appreciated...thanks! :)

The good thing about the 50's cars are they were sort of square...So,Get the biggest cardboard box you can find (or maybe 2)Cut out the wheels,square headlights...I think the trunks were sort of square too...And I think the top was sort of square too...(no square tires though)

a little paint(or magic markers)and you got it...

TOP TEN IDEAS FOR LAURIE'S 50's-THEMED PARTY

#10. Buy the petroleum jelly for your hair NOW, before the price skyrockets.

#9. Find a nice poodle skirt...but unlike in the 50's, they're not made out of real poodles anymore.

#8. Set up 19-inch black-and-white TV's all over the place (but only one per household).

#7. Race your boss for pink slips...if he wins, you get fired.

#6. Get a hairdo taller than Marge Simpson's (just remember to avoid any power lines or low-flying aircraft).

#5. Get yourself knocked up, just like Rizzo did.

#4. Sell bigass root beer floats for five cents each. See if you can still turn a profit.

#3. Freak your parents out by wearing skin-tight pants and swingin' your hips and shakin' your pelvis.

#2. Put up signs in front of the bathrooms and drinking fountains that say "WHITES ONLY".

#1. And the Number One Idea For Laurie's 50's-Themed Party...

...Introduce everyone to your new best friends forever: Pat Boone, Fabian, Bobby Rydell, and Edd "Kookie" Byrnes.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :jester:

LOL...you guys are a riot...But I'm liking these ideas...

Babyteen, either one...it really doesn't have to be anything too detailed or just like the play or movie....but just using the general idea of Grease...It's basically just a 5 minutes or so skit....

A friend's church group did a cool 50's skit singing "Leader Of The Pack" using a bicycle in place of a motorcycle. It was a hoot.

I like this! :) ... I'm also hoping the girls will want to participate in the skit...I like the Sandra Dee and Summer Nights too!......

Edited by Guest

I would want to do Greased Lightning. The dance moves are classic and the whole routine is delightfully cheesy. Yes, you might have to make and edit so "The girls will SCREAM".

Sammy's racing for pink slips idea is also good. That whole list is better than anything Letterman's writers could have made. :)

Okay, we have decided on two scenes... Greased Lightining scene...the car is going to be made so is the junky side to start with...the guys will turn it around and it will be all shiny and cool... :)

S2V...thanks for leader of the pack idea!....the staff from the girl house would love to do this!

Camping isn't until october, so we have lots of time to make props and rehearse...

Thanks for all your suggestions!

I can't see the picture....but I'm willing to bet it looks nothing like me.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester:

You can relax, Sammi.

The kid has the hair of Gabe Kaplan and the skin complextion of Johnny Winter.

Those 2 guys have some explaining to do.

Welcome back, Whitey.