1. Deacon Blues - Steely Dan 99

2. Wicked Game - Chris Isaak 78

3. Steppin' Out - Joe Jackson 72

4. Don't Answer Me - The Alan Parsons Project 59

5. Ordinary World - Duran Duran 57

6. More Than This - Roxy Music 54

7. Lips Like Sugar - Echo And The Bunnymen 46

Very good Top, JC... :cool: :thumbsup:

I missed "Vienna", Melpo Mene and F.R. David...

F.R. David's "Words" is - both - the greatest song ever made and the greatest crappiest video ever recorded. It is the first song I liked and it single-handedly made me into a music collectr0. Hence, it should be my [un]official theme song :headphones:

856_2.jpg

To know these songs is to know a little bit about Bitter Almonds. Is that a good thing, a bad bad thing, or a meh thing? Why does there have to be a choice :beatnik:

• 2 weeks later...

3. Sketch For Summer - The Durutti Column (never heard of them before)

9. Uncertain Smile - The The (would have liked it more without the vocals, but the instrumentation is great)

You WOULD choose The Durutti Column. I suggest listening to the whole first coupla albums and, if you like what you hear, pretty much anything up 1988 :headphones:

I love "Uncertain Smile." It's been my unofficial heartbreak theme song. Instrumentation by Jools Holland, of Squeeze (genius). The extended version goes way off in the instrumental part and clocks at almost 9 minutes :beatnik:

Ooh BA knows my kinda style, so this one I can't resist voting on ;)

1) More Than This - Roxy Music

2) Wicked Game - Chris Isaak

3) Vienna - Ultravox

4) Ordinary World - Duran Duran

5) Say Something - James

6) Kelly Watch The Stars - Air

7) I Adore You - Melpo Mene

8) Unprofessionell - kent

9) Hunting High And Low - A-Ha

10) The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get - Morrissey

Whew! That was a tough one!!!

With the whole hoo-haw about the world cup being held in SA, I had a dream. I dreamt that South Africa was located just east of Canada/northeast of the US. I was looking at a map and thought, "Hey, it's not so bad. I could probably say 'hi' to Sue :cool: " Then, I woke up :P

You WOULD choose The Durutti Column. I suggest listening to the whole first coupla albums and, if you like what you hear, pretty much anything up 1988 :headphones:

I love "Uncertain Smile." It's been my unofficial heartbreak theme song. Instrumentation by Jools Holland, of Squeeze (genius). The extended version goes way off in the instrumental part and clocks at almost 9 minutes :beatnik:

it's been a couple of days, but I think that was the version I listened to :D