The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #216

Congratulations RonJon. It's alway nice when that happens character0180.gif

pfft, If I'd stop everytime I really didn't like the #1 or the Ten as a whole... :D :shades:

next week will be much better - when I nominated a pessimistic French hip-hop/rock crossover protest song... a sure winner :D

I hope you don't stop playing CanAm. Theirs a lot of people here that never get their songs into the top ten. That is of course, someone else nominates it months or years later. Then it's a sure winner. :laughing:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the worst lists I can remember. There are very few songs I hate more than this weeks's number one.

I think I'll do a Darryl and give this a miss for a while.

Fine. Take your songs and go home. ;)

bazooka, likewise, has never understood Grand Funk's popularity. But, then again, I don't care for brussel sprouts, crystal meth or Gary Puckett & the Union Gap (one of your noms).

Lately my participation in the Tens has been dodgy, but that's been a matter of finding time to give things a reasonable listen. I have definite biases. I think most voters do - often a preference for the 'soundtracks' of their youth.

If my nominated songs fail to impress other Songfactors, it has zero effect on my enjoyment of them. If they do happen to score, that is very cool, but again doesn't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world.

Yes'm bazooka got it right. CanAm, I hope you continue to play as well .... you nominate songs that I generally love, and you often are one of few voters of some of my nominations. ;) It can't be a case of old & curmudgeonly, because the 50's, 60's and 70's are all well represented .... just not with songs you prefer this week.

And congrats Ron, for your I'm Your Captain #1 (in my world it's more commonly known as just Closer To Home) .... Grand Funk is a take it or leave it band, but as bazoka pointed out, they are part of the soundtrack of my youth & I have lots of Grand Funk favorites.

One of the worst lists I can remember. There are very few songs I hate more than this weeks's number one.

I think I'll do a Darryl and give this a miss for a while. I guess that's what happens when you get old and curmudgeonly.

Is That what happens? :shades: "Closer To Home" is not one of favorites either but it could have been worse...Congrats Ron...on a #1 pick :cool:

sfc1a-1.png

The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #216 for the week ending 2nd May, 2010

1. I'm Your Captain (Closer To Home) - Grand Funk (1970)

2. Sky Is Crying, The - Stevie Ray Vaughan (1991)

3. Who's Making Love - Johnny Taylor (1968)

4. Tired of Being Alone - Al Green (1971)

5. Brown Eyed Handsome Man - Chuck Berry (1956)

6. Louisiana Rain - Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers (1979)

7. Kids - MGMT (2007)

8. Jane - Jefferson Starship (1979)

9. Kokomo - Beach Boys (1988)

10. Back in the High Life Again - Steve Winwood (1986)

Thank you to everyone who participated

:headphones: