Assorted wedding song suggestions?

Lucky

Ok, I need help, and apparently I need it pretty quick. :doh:

My daughter's wedding reception (they were married last month) is in 2 weeks. She still needs to pick out some music. Why we are doing this 2 weeks from the day I don't know, but there you have it. I need suggestions for 3 songs to be played during the reception appropriate for these 3 things:

1. Father/daughter dance

2. Garter throwing music/song

3. Bouquet throwing song

I thought for sure we would have a thread for at least the father/daughter dance, but I can't find one. What I'm finding in our database under the subject isn't great either. And before you ask, I really don't know what garter & bouquet throwing songs are, but she wants them, so I'm finding them. :D

for my dance with my dad, we had S&G's "Bridge Over Troubled Water." I loved the part: "Sail on silver girl, sail on by, your time has come to shine and all your dreams are on their way."

And "The Stripper" is always a great one for a garter throw. ;)

My dad and I danced to "My Girl" by the Temptations, but I've heard "Through The Years" by Kenny Rogers be used and "Because You Loved Me" by Celine Dion.

Since the bouquet is thrown to single ladies, how about "Single Ladies" by Beyonce for that and for the garter catch, maybe "Oh Yeah" by Yello

1. Father/daughter dance

2. Garter throwing music/song

3. Bouquet throwing song

1. "Turn Around" - Harry Belafonte

2. "Some Guys Have All The Luck" - Rod Stewart

3. "Chapel Of Love" - The Dixie Cups

And although you didn't ask, I've heard and liked the following song at a couple of weddings for when the guy puts the garter on the girl's leg:

"Bad To The Bone" - George Thorogood & The Destroyers

Since most come here with questions, but we rarely get the results of their queries here are the decisions:

Daughter - Loudon Wainwright III (from the film Knocked Up, and thanks to phil for the reminder!) for the Father/Daughter dance

Let's Get It On - Marvin Gaye for the garter

Another One Bites the Dust - Queen for the bouquet. ;)

My instructions were nothing too sweet, sappy, or cheesy (a lot of the father/daughter songs are). The Loudon Wainwright song is perfect for that, and contains the lyric "I lost everytime I fought her" .... if you knew my daughter you would know how perfect that is. :D

Thanks for your help, and in the end, SF came through!