Bing.com's 100 Greatest Artists (agree or disagree?)

MindCrime

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He wasn't in a band though.

He was as much in a band as Isaac Hayes, James Brown and Jimmi Hendrix. The only difference is, he didn't refer to his band as Elton John and the (fill in name here). I dare say that most of his bandmates were with him a lot longer than the band members of the other aforementioned groups.

And how about Blondie? Can most people name the members of her band? Let's face it, Blondie WAS Debbie Harry.

I remember when that stupid song came out. Ever the little middle schoolers in my backwoods town were laughing at it.

That song about something to do with an anaconda is just as bad. I don't know who wrote it, but their probably on that list to :laughing:

And how about Blondie? Can most people name the members of her band? Let's face it, Blondie WAS Debbie Harry.

Absolute tosh and codswallop.

Since when has the general public's ability to name the individual members of a band been a defining factor in whether a band could be described as a "band" or not? In any case, and off the top of my head: Chris Stein, Clem Burke, Jimmy Destri, Frank Infante......

Looking at that list of 100, most from 10 downwards contain members that the general public couldn't name. Duff logic.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, interesting point. Actually, there's the band, Santana, the individual, Carlos Santana. WTF indeed!

Edited by Guest
I can take the first link, and the second, but by the time we get to the third link, with the products and where to buy them, it's become SPAM. We don't care for SPAM. But thanks for your many thoughts on Santana!

• 2 months later...