Bob Seger

I can't find much info on the '83 tour. You would think some fan site would have all the tour dates.

Here's from The Seger File

"The 1983 Tour

The 1983 tour consisted of 76 shows. The tour ended in July 1983 at the Toledo Speedway. Here's my only review fragment, torn from an issue of Playboy, with no date or author on the remaining fragment: Seger is "at his best not in a studio but in front of a live audience...so long has he been on the road, and such are his instincts, that his band has cleaned rock down to its shining bone essentials...the ghost of Otis Redding still lurks in his voice."

The '83 tour came to Seattle (where I was living at the time) on a day when I happened to be in Hawai. By 1983 I had my first "professional" job, and it was the first time in my life that I had ever taken a vacation that involved an airplane. My heart sank when I learned I would miss the chance to see Seger...but then I managed to get a ticket to the Portland, Oregon concert a few days later. It merely required that I leave work early and make a three-hour drive each way.

When I got to Portland that night around 7:00, the arena parking lot was empty. A lone security man told me the concert had been postponed one night -- Seger had a sore throat. The following night, however, I had a commitment involving a project I had worked for months to set up -- a committee meeting involving electric rates. So I was forced to choose between the responsible thing, and seeing Seger. And, like a fool -- like an utter, unforgiveable fool -- I chose responsibility over the best music on earth.

I still hadn't learned what I know now...that life would fill up with responsibility and that the moments of pure release would be harder and harder to find. But I was young then...still relatively young...and I still have the ticket for The Concert I Didn't See, Part II."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The set list from Seger's 1983 show at Nassau Coliseum in New York:

Feel Like A Number

Tryin' to Live My Life Without You

Roll Me Away

Old Time Rock & Roll

Makin' Thunderbirds

Shame on the Moon

House Behind A House

Even Now

Against the Wind

Her Strut

Horizontal Bop

Betty Lou

Love's the Last to Know

Turn the Page

Ramblin' Gamblin' Man

Katmandu

Night Moves

Hollywood Nights

Fortunate Son

Seger in Houston in 1983. Photo by Steve Vanghel.

segclose.jpg