Cheesy in a good way

_jr_

Tanacious Peaches , in the "Bad Movies" post, said the movie 'Warriors' was cheesy in a good way. I happen to agree. It's so bad, it's actually funny without trying to be. I have a few others, and if anyone wants, add your favorite cheesy flick.

Evil Dead is one of my favorite bad movies. When I was on an isolated outpost in the army, we had about 6 movies, and that was one of them. There's one scene where a girl is running through the woods, and we counted her falling down, something like 22 times before she got to the cabin.

Brutally bad, but hilarious.

I know exactly what you mean. In the movie that recently came out "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle" its was extrememly dumb considering the ultimate goal throughout the entire film was to get some white castle hamburgers. It was really a parody of the buddy comedy that our culture has grown fond of with cheesy flicks from the 80's like Weird Science and Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. Anyway, I have to say Harold and Kumar is a great relief and a great movie.

Johnny Stecchino

Real Genius (Val Kilmer is so much better at comedy roles...)

Street Fighter (starring Sonny Chiba!)

Slacker

20 Bucks

The Hot Chick

Try any of these and you'll find yourself strangely compelled to keep watching further and be amused.

Stealing Harvard

A couple of things to point out...

1) Chris Penn - yes, Sean's brother. When will Chris get his dues? He's a great and brilliant character actor. Most would recognize him for "Reservoir Dogs" but he's been in at least 40 to 50 films. Check him out in "The Boy's Club."

2) Tom Green - maybe because I'm also Canadian and get the stupid humour but Tom's a riot. It may not be his best 'acting' film but I laughed out loud in parts. Actually, I laughed at a lot of parts. That scene with the toothbrush and then finding out what (toothbrush) was used for had me peeing me pants. :laughing:

I've thought about this thread for a while but couldn't think of anything until now.

Neil Sedaka's Bad Blood was about as cheesy as it could get but I liked it and still do. I loved the harmomy he and Elton John had going in it.

Oh shoot, this is a movie thread. :googly:

There was this movie about dragons that was pretty cheesy but I liked it:

Reign of Fire.

BTW, sharp cheddar is extremely cheesy but I like it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bikini Summer. I got this a coupla days ago and... oh wait, this is cheesecake, not cheezy :: Still, this one gets 4 stars outta 5ive for being so overt in its imagery and in exploring the universal theme of the human condition - a very good condition in this instance ;)

John Wayne's "Rio Bravo" and El Dorado".

These two movies used basically the same script, just shot with different supporting casts. They were both cheesy, but rather fun.

Anyone seen 'em both?

Which is the one with Dean Martin and Ricky Nelson singing Purple Rain to Walter Brennan and had a young Angie Dickinson running around in saloon garb?

That's my fav.

::