John Cusack

Mike

LOS ANGELES – The `80s were good to John Cusack. He was a teenager then, racking up acting credits in films such as "Sixteen Candles," "The Sure Thing," "Better Off Dead" and "Say Anything."

Now 43, Cusack returns to that storied decade on screen and off as the star and producer of "Hot Tub Time Machine," a comic romp that brings four friends back to their youthful glory days via a mysterious Jacuzzi powered by Russian Red Bull and repaired by a cryptic Chevy Chase.

In the film, opening Friday, Cusack and Chase, along with Rob Corddry, Craig Robinson, Clark Duke and Crispin Glover, find themselves at a ski resort for Winterfest '86, where Poison is the headlining band and Day-Glo is the fashion of choice.

Cusack talked with The Associated Press about what he loved and hated about the '80s and what he would do with a real time machine.

You can read the whole article HERE

He has always been a HUGE favorite of mine, I like him in most of his films, he is unique, funny and I've been able to relate to his characters better than most of this generation.

He is a star and great actor in my opinion.

Words cannot describe my love for that man. I've been in love with him for as long as I can remember. I am so happy for him that he has had such a long career. My favorite Cusack character quote:

"I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that."

~Lloyd Dobler from Say Anything

I like John Cusack. Hi-Fidelity is one of my second favorite romantic comedy (behind Sleepless In Seattle ;) )

HOWEVER, "Hot Tub Time Machine" looks like a movie where all the actors are screaming "Don't forget me! I still act!"

I don't know. When the headliners of your comedy are Darrell from The Office, Rob Corddry, the kid from Sexdrive and John Cusack, things don't look good.

I recall reading a story in the mid-80's about this "up and coming young actor - John Cusak" and following his progress. I thought he moved up with his edgy, non-typical performance in "Being John Malkovich" and really liked his additions to "Identity." Not so much in "Pushing Tin."

I'll probably pass on the hot tub; seeing an old Chevy Chase on the screen has made me uncomfortable for some reason.