Between The Buried And Me

Heimann47

So I've put up quite a few posts with these guys in them, and call me ignorant for this, but I'm going off of the assumption that you haven't heard of them. They're a progressive metal band from North Carolina. In my opinion, they are the most talented musicians I have ever heard.

They have 5 studio albums out; their first album was self-titled, second is The Silent Circus, and after that they had a rather drastic member change-up (they replaced 3 of their 5 members; their bassist, drummer, and rhythm guitarist) which took them in a decidedly more progressive direction. Their first two albums were more along the 'stereotypical' metal lines, though still unique.

After their change up, they released the album Alaska, my personal favorite. Next came Colors, which, if you aren't paying attention, will seem like a 64 minute and 8 second song. Their latest album, The Great Misdirect, came out last October and is a close second on my list of favorites.

Aside from their five original albums, they also released a cover album, The Anatomy Of... which features covers of all of their musical influences. They re-released The Silent Circus with a DVD featuring a concert in North Carolina. They also released a CD/DVD live version of Colors called ...you guessed it... Colors_Live featuring a concert in Nashville. Their vocalist does scream, which is my only reasoning as to why this band isn't a household name. If you don't like that type of vocals, that's fine. To each his own. I'll at least ask you to look past that and listen to the music, and then honestly tell me that they aren't damn good musicians.

Their website is on myspace

They are by far my biggest inspiration when I write music.

ok,you asked for it...musically? very tight wound music...I feel very sorry for the guitars...and the drums too...and as you said "Be honest" That singer? I was going to take me a laxitive but instead I found me a big joint...(and a few beers) So,me and my dog sat there and listened and watched...instead of me....my dog took a laxitive,howled and barked...and finally(s@^t)...you know...musically?...it's ok You should listen to "Liquid Tension Experiment" or "Dream Theatre"...it's the vocals

other than that strange video

Edited by Guest
too weird

• 3 weeks later...