Health care............

MarcM

I will reserve my reaction until I find out how it effects me personally. I am in favor of health care for people who can not afford their own insurance, but I cant take having to pay even more in taxes. I am barely afloat as it is. It is getting more and more difficult living in California.

Well, if http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN1914020220100319 is to be trusted, it sounds pretty good to me :thumbsup:

...but idk, Glenn Beck did say that they're a bunch of communists that are going to execute the elderly. And he's a pretty trustworthy guy too. So I guess I'm still undecided...

Congrats, America!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm very happy about this. And don't worry, you won't be paying for other people's health and medicines, no... but you'll feel good to know that if you or any of your relatives or friends is jobless for awhile -hey, it can happen... life has strange turns...- and cannot afford their medicine, now you have this plan.

It works in Europe and nobody feels like they're paying for what they souldn't.

At this early stage, this bill could be a very big boon to the general welfare of all Americans; or one can speculate, hoping that it doesn't do to medical care and medicine what lowering the income standrds by which individuals could purchase a mortgage did to the mortgage banking industry with its subsequent domino effects, 15 years after that executive order was put into practice.

Rocky, I'll put Michael Bay in charge of this right away.

S2V, the main difference between healthcare reform and mortgage reform is healthcare is a regulatory measure and mortgage was deregulation. It was the mortgage banking industry that sunk the mortgage banks, just like the healthcare industry was about to do to, well, healthcare.

..It was the mortgage banking industry that sunk the mortgage banks, ....

Not entirely accurate, Tim. It was an overwhelming tidal wave of low income mortgage default and lack of secured capital that precipitated the tumbling exposure of poor banking practices. Those worthless mortgages were being traded institution to institution as if liquid.

Exactly, the mortgage banks gave out credit to people with no means to pay it back and the entire thing collapsed in on itself due to the banks' greed and shortsightedness. This (theoretically) could have been avoided with more regulation and oversight.

As for a legal requirement for insurance, it's been in the rulebooks for automobiles for years. Surely human health is a much more important thing to insure than cars?