Music to scare (or turn off) your date

beatleant

Your on a blind date and it's going to crap but he/she is sexually turned on to you. What music would you play that would definitely ruin his/her moment??

For me

U2 - Bono's voice would make anyone practice abstinence * shudder *

Lou Reed's "Metal Machine Music." Actually, the sound of a dentist drill is easier on the ears (and mind) than MMM.

Wham!

::

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno CD, if she starts playin' some country western, I'm going to have to assume that she at least believes that we are somehow related, and then I would feel very awkward attempting to *ahem* 'do' anything.

:jester: :jester: :jester:

(In case y'all don't get it in 'Scott's unabridged dictionary' the definition of 'country music' is as follows:

"Music to ____ your cousin to" ::)

Charles Manson's "Garbage Dump".

Right Said Fred "I'm Too Sexy"

Billy Ray Cyrus "Achey Breakey Heart" (might make her swallow that cyanide capsule she's been carrying around)

Alice Cooper's "Cold Ethyl" (about sex with a dead person, ahh, they just don't write songs like that no mo'. "One thing, No lie, Ethyl's frigid as an Eskimo Pie. She's cool , in bed, yeah, she oughtta be, 'cause Ethyl's dead!" )

Eminem's "Kim"

ANYTHING by the 2 Live Crew

And the LAST song that will turn off your date, The Weather Girls, "It's Raining Men".

How about "Closer" by NIN. Then again, that song would just clarify your intentions a little bit huh?

I don't know, Eggplant. He says "I want to make sweet love to you like an animal" but he doesn't clarify which animal.

Cat - too much damned noise

Rabbit - too quick...over in 30 seconds

Rabid mongoose - too much thrashing around

So that song might be perfect to scare a woman away! ::

Alice Cooper's "Cold Ethyl" (about sex with a dead person, ahh, they just don't write songs like that no mo'. "One thing, No lie, Ethyl's frigid as an Eskimo Pie. She's cool , in bed, yeah, she oughtta be, 'cause Ethyl's dead!" )

Good one, Ken! ::

I'm thinking some Type O Negative would take care of any romantic feelings - depending on what kind of freak you're dating.

Also, I like to think I have eclectic taste in music, but opera would leave me feeling less than amourous. Especially since I'd probably have to shove bamboo skewers in my ears. ::

I think a first date would be offended by Lloyd Cole's She's a girl, I'm a man even though it's a very catchy song:

"She's gotta be, the stupidest girl I've ever seen . . . "

Or, what about that Guns-n-Roses one:

"I used to love her but I had to kill her."

Anything by Sepultura, Overkill or Heralds of Oblivion.

Good one, Ken!

Also, I like to think I have eclectic taste in music, but opera would leave me feeling less than amourous. Especially since I'd probably have to shove bamboo skewers in my ears.

Awwwww, come on, Elvish, no appreciation for the finer arts? You don't like Opera? I have moods where nothing else will do but Boccelli, or the three Tenors. Saying something is an acquired taste is like saying "You'll learn to live with the pain if you keep sticking your fingers in your eyes". I have never believed in 'acquiring' a taste for something you don't enjoy. But, as one of the 'regular mortals', just try holding some of the notes those guys do. And God have pity on your soul if you smoke, 'cause, you just ain't gonna do it...

Ken.

Ken,

I'm not saying I don't appreciate the talent opera singers have. And I agree with your theory on "acquiring a taste": I don't intend to subject myself to listening to them in an in-vain attempt to "acquire a taste." I know I don't like coconut either, but I'm not going to down an entire coconut cream pie because it would be a waste. Lots of people thorougly enjoy coconut, so I'll leave the pie eating to them. ::

And I'm leaving the opera appreciation to you! :headphones:

Mmmmmmm.....coconut cream pie.

Reminds me of George Carlin:

"I don't like that."

"Why?"

"I don't know. I know I don't like it. And I know that if I ate it, I would like it even less."

"Well, I like it. Mmmmm! Yum yum!"

"Hey, Ma. You like it? You eat it!"

So Sammy, you like it? You eat it!

I'm picturing myself on a first date and I would say if a guy suddenly began playing any of the instrumentals/theme songs from any of the horror movies, such as The Omen, Halloween, Friday the Thirteenth, etc., that would tend to ruin the moment for me. (That's when you silently clutch that mace in your purse.LOL)

And, really nasty rap. Oh....and, of course, Shania.....I would have to flee the immediate area.

Ahhhh, Amy, what if the guy turned and looked at you. Stock still. Tilted his head to one side, then the next, A la Michael Meyers? Hands flexing, unflexing, gaze never wavering... Would that produce the mace fast?

Heeeeheeeeee.

Kenny.

I completely forgot one of the best ways to screw up your date. Show up with a can of beer nestled in your crotch, and the following blasting from the car speakers as the hula girl on your rearview jiggles suggestively..

I really do appreciate the fact you're sittin' here

Your voice sounds so wonderful

But yer face don't look too clear......

So bar maid bring a pitcher, another round o' brew

Honey, why don't we get drunk and screw?

Chorus:

Why don't we get drunk and screw?

I just bought a water bed, it's filled up for me and you.

They say you are a snow queen

Honey I don't think that's true

So, why don't we get drunk and screw?

-- Spoken: "Pick it Coral Reefers, here we go..."

(swing instrumental)

I just bought a waterbed it's filled up for me and you.

They say you are a snow queen

Oh, Honey I don't think that's true

So why don't we get drunk, and screw?

Yeah, now baby, I say, (Lord!)

When it comes to true love, Jimmy Buffett puts the words down that go straight to the heart..

Peace,

Ken.