Buck Owens

janetlee1964

A friend of mine asked me if Merle Haggard ever recorded the song "Lonesome Traveler". He said he's been unable to find it on any of Merle's discography listings. Does anyone know the answer? I'd love to help out this friend that's helped me so much!

Thanks!

jl1964

Edited by Guest
title

Janet, I've searched, both by artist & by song title at allmusic, and googled myself silly, but can find nothing. What makes your friend think that Haggard recorded it? Could he have possibly heard a live performance? Maybe someone else will have more luck, sorry. :P

Anyway, I'm a fan of Haggard and it didn't ring any bells for me. He did record the classic Lonesome Fugitive. Not the same song at all, but a good'un. ;)

Oh Lucky! I feel soooooooooooooooooo bad to tell you this after you searched long and hard, but I made a really stupid mistake! I was supposed to type in Buck Owens, NOT MH! I had "Lonesome Fugitive" on my mind when I wrote the message and so put Merle's name by accident! I'll have to re-ask the question, but properly this time! Again, thank you so much and I do apologize for the trouble you went through because of my big boo-boo!!

jl1964

Earlier I mistakenly wrote "Merle Haggard" rather than "Buck Owens" in the subject bar of my message and carried on the mistake in the actual message! Bummer!! :blush:

What I was SUPPOSED to ask is this: Did BUCK OWENS ever record "Lonesome Traveler"? If anyone knows or finds out, thanks for your help!

jl1964

• 2 years later...