The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #210

WELCOME TO THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE TOP TEN #210 :headphones:

ALL MEMBERS OF SONGFACTS ARE MOST WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE. The greater the participation, the more diverse, and more representative our top ten list is. We'd like to invite everyone to help us select THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE TOP TEN! :)

IT'S SIMPLE, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS:

* Nominate two songs that haven't made the Ten before ... Click here to view Every Song That's Made The Songfactors' Choice Top Tens (Artists). ... And here to view Every Song That's made The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten (Songs)

Yes, it's true, we now have two, two, two lists in one! :)

* When nominations close, choose your favorite Ten songs in order of preference from the Final Nominations and post them here. Points are allotted, 10 for your #1 song, 9 for #2, Etc. and our Top Ten is compiled from them. At the end of the voting period we'll announce The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten For that week.

LET US HAVE YOUR NOMINATIONS NOW ! :thumbsup:

:headphones:

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Notice: Next week is the 4th birthday of this weekly special. We will be doing either a No artists with #1s or New Artists Only (songs by bands that aren't already in). Please specify which you would rather have done, if you have a preference.

Notice: Next week is the 4th birthday of this weekly special. We will be doing either a No artists with #1s or New Artists Only (songs by bands that aren't already in). Please specify which you would rather have done, if you have a preference.

I'm fine with either :)

Stylo ~ Gorillaz (2010) official vid and mp3

feat. Bobby Womack and Mos Def

video feat. Bruce Willis

Womack told Rolling Stone about being recruited by Gorillaz for Plastic Beach. "They called me from London and said, 'Man, we want to do something with you.'" He added that when the unfinished track arrived at his California home he was going to turn down the collaboration but changed his mind after his daughter recommended the band. "In the days when I would get loaded, I would have thought this was great," said Womack. "Now that I'm straight, I think I'm too square to know where they're at. I kept listening and thought, 'Damn, why do they want me?' It's all new to me. The only thing that convinced me was my daughter said, 'Dad, you got to do this. They're awesome.' I said, 'You're hip to them?'" Womack went on to say that he thought Gorillaz was a band of actual primates until his daughter explained they are a rotating cast of musicians: "I thought she was talking about a real gorilla. I said, 'I worked with a lot of people, but I never worked with a gorilla.'" Womack then called the band and agreed to participate. "I just called them back and said, 'I want to be a help and bring something to the table. I gotta be honest though, I don't know why you want me.' They said, 'It's about a plastic ocean. Just imagine yourself in a plastic ocean. Just get on there. Do what you wanna do. It'll work out.' It should be interesting."

The High Road ~ Broken Bells (2009) official vid and mp3

Come on and get the minimum

Before you open up your eyes

This army has so many hands

Are you one of us?

Come on and get your overdose

Collected at the borderline

They want to get up in your head

Cause they know, and so do I

The high road is hard to find

A detour in your new life

Tell all of your friends goodbye

I just have to post the lyrics to this song:

Well I remember yesterday

Just drifting slowly through a crowded street

With neon darkness shimmering through the haze

A sea of faces rippling in the heat

And from that nameless changing crowd

A sweet vibration seemed to fill the air

I stood astounded staring hard

At men with flowers resting in their hair...

A sweet confusion filled my mind

Until I woke up only finding everything was just a dream

A dream unusual of its kind

That gave me peace and blew my mind

And now I'm hung up on a dream...

They spoke with soft persuading words

About a living creed of gentle love

And turned the arm to sounds unheard

And showed me strangest clouded sights above

Which gently touched my aching mind

And soothed the wanderings of my troubled brain

Sometimes I think I'll never find

Such purity and peace of mind again...

I like this one... :cool: I never heard of them before...

glad you listened, I actually think many could like this one :) (more than the Gorillaz song, probably)

And it's not surprising that you never heard of them, that's their debut single which came out in December last year, the album came out one or two weeks ago.

Broken Bells consist of James Mercer (of The Shins' fame) - that's the one that looks like Kevin Spacey - and Brian Burton aka Danger Mouse (of Gnarls Barkley and many others)

:thumbsup: