"80's Teen Idol" Corey Haim dead at 38

MindCrime

Corey Haim died at 2:15 a.m. Wednesday at Providence St. Joseph Medical Center in Burbank, Los Angeles County. He was 38 years old. He had been suffering from flu-like symptoms and had been taking over the counter drugs as well as prescription drugs for his illness. They are going to perform an autopsy later to determine what actually caused his death.

Source Mar 10, 2010

haim.jpg

Let me school you on the Coreys, as they were my world when I was 13. Corey Feldman is the one who was (until recently) married. He got married on that VH-1 show where all the celebrity has beens lived together. Both Coreys were friends for a long time until they had some sort of falling out. A couple years ago they did a show together on A & E. Both Coreys were "the wild Corey," but Feldman seemed to put his life in order.

Corey Haim was the other Corey. He had a very sad life after his fame left him. I am devastated by this. It always hurts when a part of your childhood dies.

Didn't they say, right after she died, that Brittany Murphy was suffering from flu-like symptoms and taking OTC meds for it, too?

Makes me wonder if there's some virus going around that needs to be examined by the CDC.

Very sad news. I had no idea he was having such a rough time of it.

• 1 month later...

Although granted, Haim did have a huge drug problem (his death provoked a huge investigation leading to the discovery of a fake script operation right here in San Diego) .... it was announced on the news last night that drugs did not figure into the death of Haim. He died of natural causes, complications from pneumonia. :P

I found that interesting, and I don't know, it might make his mother feel just the teensiest bit better about the circumstances of her son's death.

Thats what I thought to Lucky. Something like that is hard anyway. I couldn't even imagine and don't even wanna try.

With Cory Haim being a public figure with a past history of drug use, at least his mother won't have to live with the public constantly pointing out that he died of an over dose.

Talk about having your misery compounded :puppyeyes:

I know exactly how she felt and good she must feel today ..... the anniversary of my son's death is this month. Learning something like that would sure make me feel better. Unfortunately, in my case that won't happen. :P This is actually a nice thing for his mother. She's already had to deal with ugly truths, ugly lies, and ugly gossip (true or false) about his life. At least his death isn't the ugly thing that everyone thought it was.