Jeff Beck and Eric Clapton in Concert

Jimmy1104

I don't know if any of you were able to catch Jeff Beck and Clapton in concert during this tour. I was lucky enough to win a pair of tickets on Q104. I went to the February 18th concert at the Garden.

I had never seen either in concert before. I was surprised at how much better Jeff Beck was over Clapton that evening. Beck came on first, had a string orchestra accompany him and played the heck out of his guitar. He closed his set with A Day In The Life and Nessum Dorma, the latter I believe will be on his upcoming album.

Clapton started out acoustically going through a few songs before turning it over to electric. He was good and surprisingly I think he shone best in I Shot The Sheriff, though not one of my favorites.

Beck and Clapton then appeared together for a few more songs and one encore. Overall it was a pretty good concert.

I saw Clapton a couple of times, the first one was in the mid seventies and I hardly remember a thing. And I always wanted to see Jeff Beck on stage :):)

So it must have been a great experience... :thumbsup:

I would go to see Jeff Beck if he played in Madrid... I respect him very much.

Someone once asked me who was the better guitarist: Jimmy Page or Jeff Beck.

I had to respond saying that, musically, I don't think there's much better than Page. However, I do believe that Beck could out-shred him. In my opinion, the two greatest guitarists of all time with Clapton coming a little lower on the list.

As much as I used to mimic Page's guitar style in my younger years I now call him Jimmy Plagiarist. I now venture away from that style.

If one does a very deep background check on JP they'll see how many songs he stole and claim his own. What's worse is not bother to give the original songwriter one penny, much less acclamation!

And the bloke has more money than he'll ever spend.

His day is coming . . . whoa be to him, that day . . . he'll be weeping, gnashing and grinding his teeth for ever and ever . . . 'til another eternity . . . then, he'll do it all over again... again until alpha /omega meets together and then maybe he'll find rest in the lake of fire.

But that's just his beginning and the sunrise of the torment he'll learn through the scope of infinity.

Wait until he truly sees what's in store for him.

The place he'll be... he will not need eyes to see and pray to the light that threw him in darkness that not seeing is his only gift.

:o

And I also think Clapton is a great guitar player...but,Jeff Beck just makes it look so easy...and can make some really strange sounds when he's playing...and I also like SRV but maybe it was just the night I saw him,Jeff Beck just played better...I also agree about Jimmy Page... I'd play some Zepplin songs and recognize some of those riffs,notes and chords...Still an amazing guitarist but he borrowed lots of stuff...And I think Willie Dixon was the only person to take him to court and win...by then he was a little older and not in the best health... :couch: sorry bout the long post folks