Artists you like but don't care for their most popular song...

MindCrime

What are some bands that you like, but don't care much for their most popular / overplayed song?

Some of mine:

Rock & Roll All Night - KISS

Welcome to the Jungle - Guns N' Roses

Enter Sandman - Metallica

Zeppelin's is Stairway, which I like, but I don't really see much in Whole Lotta Love which is probably their 2nd most played on the radio.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very much a Rolling Stones fan, have been so since I heard "It's All Over Now" the first time on a transistor radio.

And I have very much disliked, from the first time I ever heard it, one of the most favoured Stones ballads: "Angie".

Still zapping away from it.

I am very much a Rolling Stones fan, have been so since I heard "It's All Over Now" the first time on a transistor radio.

And I have very much disliked, from the first time I ever heard it, one of the most favoured Stones ballads: "Angie".

Still zapping away from it.

:bow: thank you. I cannot abide that song. :P

And, like rg, I really don't like Hotel California either. It's Joe Walsh's guitar that makes the song, the Eagles have much better songs.

Edited by Guest
and...

Genesis are the perfect example of this. They are one of my favourite bands, yet I don't particularly like any of their twenty or so hit singles. :P

The only hit of theirs I like is Land of Confusion. No Son of Mine is an okay song, but I don't like the rest (Phil Collins era)

• 2 months later...