Name a Song

Farin

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't think of one and searching for one is coming up blank.

I know you said it's a song about this man but I have to ask to be sure, is it definitely a song about this man or is it a song that only mentions this man?

That makes a big difference.

I don't think so... :) but if you know the song you can post the answer :grin:

my point were the rules of this thread

Rules stay the same, just two notes:

1. Keep it music related (Name a Song, Artist, Album).

2. This isn't Jeopardy. Keep your 'questions' general enough so that there's more than one correct answer.

:shades: ;)

Name song about a man who walks into a room with a pencil in his hand

Ballad of a Thin Man - Bob Dylan

It's a song about Mr. Jones, about what he thinks, he sees, he says, he hangs in, how many contacts he has, who's been with the professors, etc, and who knows something is happening here but he doesn't know what it is... and who walks into a room with a pencil in his hand.

Name a song about a man who plays the piano

Ballad of a Thin Man - Bob Dylan

It's a song about Mr. Jones, about what he thinks, he sees, he says, he hangs in, how many contacts he has, who's been with the professors, etc, and who knows something is happening here but he doesn't know what it is... and who walks into a room with a pencil in his hand.

Sorry, Edna.

I wasn't doubting that there could be a song out there like that but since I never heard the song and an internet search brought up absolutely nothing, I thought maybe you stated it wrong.

I just searched again after reading your post and the song did come up this time.

I guess I typed in a wrong word somewhere for nothing to come up the first time.

Gotta start doing my searching when I'm wide awake instead of falling asleep.

I've listened to many Bob Dylan songs but only owned the greatest hits albums and Slow Train Coming CD.

I'll have to look on youtube for it and listen to it.

Name a song about a man who plays his own instrument. :jester:

Sounds like something Craig Ferguson did before he took up the harmonica! ;)

"Leader of the Band" - Dan Fogelberg

("...his blood runs through my instrument...")

Name a song about teaching a cad a lesson...that ends with dumping him in the harbor for the sharks! (Hint: A Buena Vista Social Club singer.)

Edited by Guest