Your 3 Most Wretched Music Movies

Carl

Let's talk bad music movies: Films with a music connection that assaulted at least two of our senses.

To define "Music Movie," we'll go with any flick that IMDB puts in the "music" or "musical" category, so Satisfaction and Xanadu are both eligible.

List your top 3 with any comments you'd like to share as to why the film should never be viewed by humans, and we'll see if we can come up with a consensus. :)

I have to say, I was very disappointed in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band "movie" back in '78.

I was so eager to hear Peter Frampton, BeeGees, Aerosmith etc., etc., playing to one of the Beatles' most controversial efforts. Back before I saw it, I would have paid beaucoupe to see it.

But now, a person couldn't pay me enough to watch it ever again.

That's number one.

Carl, coincidentally you've already named the other two I was thinking of!

1.Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

2.Xanadu

3.Satisfaction

:D

For me one of the worst ever is Rocky Horror Picture Show, though most would disagree. That movie gave me nightmares when I was young and I thought the acting was transparent and the singing wasn't up to par.

That's sort of the point of RHPS. It lampoons sci-fi movies of the 50s, which were pretty poorly acted.

Grease 2 :thumbsdown:

I could not agree more. I loathe that movie :mad:

Some people, even though they agree Xanadu is a bad movie, actually LIKE it :shades:

I'm adding Light of Day. Michael J Fox was more believable as a teenage werewolf than he was as a potential rock star :P

1. Caddyshack 2 (1988) - Worst sequel ever done. Jackie Mason and Dyan Cannon headed a dreadful cast.

2. Pearl Harbor (2001) - Only Ben Affleck can turn the history of Pearl Harbor, into a sappy lame soap opera.

3. Howard The Duck (1986)- What the @#!! was that.

It is true, but I can't believe I paid real money to see:

Mame - A poor rip off of an already questionably OK musical titled "Hello Dolly."

Thoroughly Modern Milly - With the exception of an elevator tap dance sequence, thoroughly blah musical movie. The Carol Channing biplane sequence is thoroughly embarrassing.

Guys And Dolls - Certainly "Luck Be A Lady Tonight" made it as a hit for Sinatra; and "A Bushel And A Peck" is a very cute little song, but neither could carry an entire movie, as they would have had to have done in order to keep this crap game afloat. Pop quiz: A story about the sensitive side of the mob should never a. be a musical. b. feature the singing talents of Marlon Brando. c. try to highlight the syndicate's desires for a closer relationship with the Salvation Army. d. consider any of these.

You know a movie is in trouble when one of its biggest musical numbers is titled, "If I Were A Bell."

• 1 month later...

Across The Universe - Didn't really do it for me

Mama Mia - I know it's already listed, but I can't stand ABBA. I almost threw up when I heard about them getting inducted into the Rock 'n' Roll hall of fame.

The Sound of Music - I know everyone loves it and I'm crazy for hating it. I don't know why, but it just annoyed me