Songfact's Fantasy Baseball VI: 2010

Kevin

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious who is managing 'The Witless Knobs' in the points league . It's a new profile and an unfamiliar username so I can't work it out for certain . CanAm ? CJ ? Laurie ? ...

That would be moi, Kevin! Catchy name, huh?

I've already entered my list of 100 preferred players, so I hope that I get at least some of the players I like. Last year, I learned a valuable lesson. The stats for starting pitchers have huge point values, and I started the season very weak in the starting pitcher category. I was very heavy with relief pitchers. This year I hope to start the season with at least one of my top 5 starting pitchers.

We can likely draft sometime toward the end of next week. Let's say Friday , March 26th , for now in order to give everyone the weekend and most of next week to sign up and get their draft lists prepared if necessary . That likely will be enough time .

If everyone is ready and wanting to get going before that , though , we can begin earlier . I think opening day is April 4th this year ... no ?

I don't think we will split the teams into divisions for the head to head league as it will likely have, at best, only 8 players . It's something we could try , though , if people want to do it . The points league will not be split either as it has no playoff system .

-----------------

One point for Rocky to consider : unlike most leagues , our head to head system has one scoring category for 'holds' ; it gives us a little more use of the player pool . Therefore, you may wish to keep an eye out for a good relief pitcher ( non-closer ) at some point . Some players prefer to ignore the category and do just fine by loading up in other categories but some choose to play it ; your call .

There is also a holds category in the points league as well , however , it is rarely used . It is there simply to provide an option in a situation where , due to injuries , a lack of quality (or no ) closers in the player pool , or a closer just not seeing much action , one may opt to choose a relief pitcher instead to try and get some points .

Edited by Guest

Can everyone who has yet to sign up for the league(s) of their choice please try to do so sometime this week ? Also , if you want or need a delay on the proposed Friday draft date ( 12:00 pm U.S. EST ) in order to complete your draft list choices , either post here or PT me .

Thanks ,

Kevin

No ,you're fine ,CanAm.

100 players ?! Boy , you had some free time on your hands ! I rarely set more than 25 , and for the last 2 years have just used the default setting . You'll definitely be getting many of your choices then .

Ok , I've called for the draft . Hope everyone is ready . Good luck ! The players could be dealt out anywhere from the next few hours up to a day or so .

Remember that there will be a two day freeze on picking up and dropping players from the player pool ( as though all were just released to waivers ). However , you can go ahead and make some moves and they will be processed 2 days later depending on waiver order .