Songfact's Fantasy Baseball VI: 2010

Kevin

Ok , thanks for the input . I'm now going to test my super powers of reading your minds based on what has been posted and , from past experience , what I think you want to do :

Points -League :

Sammy

RJ

Laurie

MC

Lucky

CJ

Phil

Carl

CanAm

Kevin

Head to head League:

Rocky

Sammy

RJ

Lucky

CJ

Phil

Carl

Kevin

-----------

Is this correct ? Feel free to add or subtract yourself from the two leagues if I've (improbably ) made a mistake . ;)

CanAm , don't worry, you'll get a decent, and simpler, tutorial about what needs to be done in order to play . For now I'll give you this link as far a rules go , but I think it won't make a lot of sense generally ,if you've never played , and a lot of it doesn't apply to our games anyway , but knock yourself out. Ignore all Draft info ,is all I can say, for now , except this: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/sports/fantasysports/baseball/rules/brules-10.html;_ylt=AqkfAcRPCxGR49iEoATSClAb1HhG : . First and foremost , you need to establish a Yahoo! account. [b/:]

Here are the rules in their totality : http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/sports/fantasysports/baseball/rules/?pir=4Xt6pllibUk9ufocikJUQQvBo.zVcQ7LTVw6FytaoLRDeGvwCF_8Tj853s58r7k-

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kevin, my dear boy, what kind of draft are we going to have. I hope it's going to be a live draft, as it is always more entertaining to be able to pick your own players rather than have the computer do it for you. I recognize that this may be difficult since we all live in different time zones.

In terms of commitment, I don't mind playing both games. There will only be a few occasions where I will not be able to log in every day. But I'll go with what ever you think is best, Kevy!

Kevin, my dear boy, what kind of draft are we going to have. I hope it's going to be a live draft, as it is always more entertaining to be able to pick your own players rather than have the computer do it for you. I recognize that this may be difficult since we all live in different time zones.

In terms of commitment, I don't mind playing both games. There will only be a few occasions where I will not be able to log in every day. But I'll go with what ever you think is best, Kevy!

Well , a couple of points re. your questions:

As much as an interesting experience a live draft may be , I think it unworkable in that everyone would have to be online -uninterrupted- for a fair period of time , and in different time-zones, in order to do so . What we do is a bit of a middle ground .

Once signed up , you will be able to list your preferred players for drafting and the computer will use that info to give you those players in the order you have made if they haven't been previously chosen by another who is ahead of you in the draft order ( randomly assigned ) . You will then get the next player that you have listed , again if not taken and so on . Thus , the average team usually gets about 10-20 % of the players they were hoping to get - which is not much different than were we to spend hours online picking one at a time . If , like many here , once the big stars are dished out , the computer will give you the next highest ranked player for positions unfilled whether you know them well or not . I think it works out ok , and is not as random as you may be imagining . All teams will be loaded with players who Yahoo! Sports thinks are the best at the beginning of the season . After a day or two , you are free to drop players and pick up others if you wish to .

Logging on and checking daily for a few minutes , while often done by most , is certainly not necessary always nor even possible . The game has a simple feature that allows one to set their lineups for any number of days into the future at one time .

Thus , if you are going away for a few days , you can still set your roster for those days you will be away and it will automatically play them for you . Pitcher rotations are shown up to 5 days in the future and batter schedules are shown right to the end of the season ( provided they aren't injured at some point ) . Players who don't want to/can't check in daily will choose to do this . If possible , however, most players like to check in daily for a few minutes first to see how many points they got the day before and then to see if any changes need to be made .

Also , as this appears to be your first experience with Fantasy Baseball , I would suggest that you take just a points league team at first to get a sense how the game works and to find out whether or not it interests you . One game isn't so much easier to play than the other , but the margin for error/learning/improving is better in the points league ,imo . Also , the head to head league can only have an even number of players since they must match up against each other and we currently have 8 - unless I have added someone who doesn't want to play or later changes their mind - then feel free to join up !

:)

Sorry all . I think I rushed setting up the Leagues and their names are not clearly different enough to differentiate , so I am delete the info in the two above posts and start again .

MC ,you'll have to sign up where you want to play again . Sorry about that .

------------

Points League Info :

League Name Songfact's VI 2010 Points

Password Carl

League Type Custom

League ID : 475064

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/475064

------------------------

Head to Head League info:

League Name SF's Head to Head III 2010

Password Carl

League Type Custom