Songfact's Fantasy Baseball VI: 2010

Kevin

What was that ?

Did I just hear the sound of hickory hitting a fastball ? :D

My ,how time flies ! Yahoo! , of course, has changed things around a bit for the new season ; free stat-tracker all season for everyone for one thing ... so , who's wanting to play ? Take a look .

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome start ! :)

If you looked carefully at the link , you'll have seen that all previous pay barriers are now down and Fantasy Baseball is now completely free of charge - including what used to be the pay-for Plus League options . A little more info about what is available this year : http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/features ( looks the same as the earlier link, but read the details ) . Ex. now 2 utility positions and an extra pitching spot . We could even do a real-time draft , but I think that is likely unworkable with time differences , people wanting to pay that much attention to it , etc .

Any suggestions or requests of what to do this year ?

My injury-proned 69ers are ready to throw season!

...and , hence, your potential candidacy for a team is very nearly blackballed to start with . This league wants/ requires/deserves dedicated players ( within reason ) who will give their best over a full season -6 months- and not managers who pack it in early ( or at any point , really ) because things aren't going their way in the standings. :shades:

Last season , even our noobs - one who didn't even know baseball, in fact -gave it a decent shot most of the time , but at least he could say 'I don't fully understand this game or it's players ' , unlike others . :)

So , if you are in ; be IN - and all the way -or don't sign up . It's no fun for the others if someone - for little reason other than a lack of success ( with little to no effort to remedy it ) - just quits , especially in head to head play as you are just handing out easy wins and tainting the standings for others who are trying . This is a day-in-and-out season , and I appreciate those who are honest enough to say "that is too much or too long of a commitment for me " and not just join on a lark. Football requires much less commitment and is over in the blink of an eye - maybe a better choice .

----------------------

A rehash from last season : " Just out of curiosity , then ; is anyone interested in playing in a points league ( like last year ) as well , or is just setting up a single head-to-head league enough ?

The reason I ask is that by committing to the head-to-head league , the members must be willing to play competitively day and week in and out for 6 months ( late Mar. -Sept ), or it won't be very fun nor balanced for the other members as we need to match up against each other . Of course , everyone will miss a few days or be preoccupied with other things occasionally , but if you foresee extended holidays in the future , or that your interest in this game or baseball in general could wane to the point that you are not around much or may wish to drop out , etc. - but still want to give it a try - then I would suggest playing in the points league , as it suits this type of player better and has less impact on the league and other players as a whole. However,of course, the more frequent the attention paid to the points league usually improves a player's ranking as well . On average , for both leagues , about 5 -10 minutes a day is required; often less , but occasionally more if your team needs some serious repair or improvements ."

I'm commissioning my own league with some friends. We have ours set up as a head-to-head with positions as follows: C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, MI, CI, 4 OF, 2 Util, 2 SP, 2 RP, 4 P and 5 BN.

I think that sets up well. We have a total of 10 stats too, 5 for pitching and 5 for hitting. That's how we set it up at least.

:laughing: Exactly . Again, this really just goes for a head to head league . If we have a points league again , it doesn't really matter as much other than tying up some players from the waivers pool .

Rocky, your other league sounds very similar to the one we played last year.

No we can't. Never have I in the past or will I in the future win as magnificently as I did in last years points league. I hold last year very close to my heart. :D

So yeah Kevy, if you end up with a points league, I'll play there as well. ;)