Survey/spam?

Lucky

Hey! I don't like this at all .... just now when I logged in (and I've only been awake 5 minutes) I got this:

Songfacts.com Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Dear Songfacts.com visitor,

You've been selected to take part in this anonymous survey. Tell us what you think of Songfacts.com in this 30 second questionnaire, and to say "thank you", we'll offer you a few exclusive offers...

Question 1 of 4: Where are you viewing this website from right now?

At home

At work

Other

Next...

Question 2 of 4: How often do you visit Songfacts.com?

Once a week or more

Less than once a week

This is my first visit

Next...

Question 3 of 4: Would you pay $10 for a product worth $50?

Yes

No

Depends on the product

Next...

Question 4 of 4: Do you think you will come back to Songfacts.com again in the future?

Yes

No

Don't know

Next...

That's it, all done! Thank you for your participation.

As we submit the answers to your questions, we are checking our inventory to see if we can offer you a gift as a way of saying thank you for answering our survey questions.

Submitting your answers: Submitting your answers: Checking gift inventory:

We have the following products available to give you as an exclusive gift for your participation. You may choose only (1) product of the list below. Thank you for participating in our survey!

Dermitage Anti-Aging Skincare System

Regular Price: $89.95

Your Price: FREE!*

Shipping: $3.97

Electronic Cigarettes Kit

Regular Price: $93.95

Shipping: $9.95 (Use coupon "DISCOUNT")

Advanced Acai

For Weight Loss

Regular Price: $70.00

Shipping: $3.97

We have the following products available to give you as an exclusive gift for your participation. You may choose only (1) product of the list below. Thank you for participating in our survey!

Embrace Perfumes by Christiano Dolce

For Men / For Women

Regular Price: $95.00

Shipping: $4.99

Celebrity White Teeth

Easy Teeth Whitening Kit

Regular Price: $149.95

Shipping: $3.95

Pure Weight Loss Cleanse

Full Body Cleansing System

Shipping: $5.95

page 1 | page 2

page 1 | page 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

� Copyright 2009-2010 All rights reserved. We are not affiliated nor partnered, with Songfacts.com. Songfacts.com has not authored, participated in, or in any way reviewed this advertisement or authorized it. The trial products offered on the last page pay this website for orders placed. See important terms and conditions regarding this ad here.

* S&H charges do apply. Some of the products described on this site have terms regarding continued billing after the free trial period ends. This is referred to as negative option, or continuity billing. Therefore, it is important to ensure that you are fully aware of the terms associated with each product before you order. See manufacturer's website for full terms and conditions before ordering your free trial as these vary by product. Please keep in mind that these are separate companies and we are not the best source for information about orders or specific policies. Because these companies control their own policies, shipping and other fees may change periodically.

It was a failry large pop-up (like 7x6). WTF? I've neve had this happen while logged into SF. And since it specifically mentioned SF where did it originate from do you think?, my computer or SF? :P

Embrace Perfumes by Christiano Dolce

For Men / For Women

Regular Price: $95.00

Shipping: $4.99

Celebrity White Teeth

Easy Teeth Whitening Kit

Regular Price: $149.95

Shipping: $3.95

Pure Weight Loss Cleanse

Full Body Cleansing System

Shipping: $5.95

I wouldn't be so envious. This survey is trying to say people stink, have yellow teeth, and are fat.

I got it too, and it really pissed me off.

We had some code in that was supposed to track stats, but apparently decided to offer surveys. I took it out as soon as I found out.

I thought the company serving this code was reputable, but I guess I was wrong. They are bound by privacy laws, so it was nothing harmful, but certainly annoying.

We've never run pop-ups, pop-unders, page takeovers or anything else like that on Songfacts. This stuff drives me nuts too.

HORRIBLE scam :(... They appear free, but its only a trial. They send a product to you, and then if you do not send it back within 10 days they charge you the price of the product they send you, because its a product trial. If you get this popup ,it is because you possibly have a virus of some kind, or have downloaded malware from them; the popup will appear for more than just songfacts.com.. it can pop up for any website. I suggest ignoring them, or trying to locate the source or location of malware and deleting it. search anti-malware in google, and download a program that will detect and delete malware (thats easiest) and then delete the antimalware program.. usually they are only trials anyways. DAMN SCAMMERS, they are everywhere

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

We monitor every single external source now connected anyhow with songfacts.com and we will fight the spam, scam and all the rest annoying and harmful stuff.

I just wanted to point out that there may be some kind of malwares, viruses, backdoor programs and such, that can exist on your PC and use any site url's or cookie cache or history info to do all this.