The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #207

Lucky

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, lots of great noms this week. :headphones:

Ye Gods! You're joking, aintcha?

I mean, you might be right, although apart from Ten-Pea's nomination of "Search & Destroy", I hadn't noticed anything to get excited about. And there are some stinkers, aren't there? Like, stuff I wouldn't play to my worst enemy.

My standard-raisers are:

"Leeds United" - Amanda Palmer (2008)

Excellent interview with Amanda Palmer in which she talks about "Leeds United" HERE

"Paraffin" - Ruby (1995)

:D

Phew! I thought you were about to tell me it had made the Ten without me!

To be honest, it isn't the song I was originally going to nominate. "Vanilla Blue" by Naked Raygun was typed in before it, and "Sex Bomb Baby" by Flipper before that. But I'm going to see Leeds United play tonight, and the interview was published this week, so, quite spontaneously, I thought I'd express a little extra support for both. (United's form has gone to pot since the heroic beating of Man United and the draw with Tottenham Hotspur in the FA Cup; the League is what matters, and we need a win tonight to turn things round and get back on track for top spot and promotion)

Phew! I thought you were about to tell me it had made the Ten without me!

To be honest, it isn't the song I was originally going to nominate. "Vanilla Blue" by Naked Raygun was typed in before it, and "Sex Bomb Baby" by Flipper before that. But I'm going to see Leeds United play tonight, and the interview was published this week, so, quite spontaneously, I thought I'd express a little extra support for both. (United's form has gone to pot since the heroic beating of Man United and the draw with Tottenham Hotspur in the FA Cup; the League is what matters, and we need a win tonight to turn things round and get back on track for top spot and promotion)

good luck then :)

do they play the song in the stadium? :D