The Songfactors' Choice: Help Wanted

Lucky

:help:

Well, we've come to a bit of a crossroads, and we as a team can't really find a solution, so we're bringing it to all of you. After a long and dedicated term, our Fintan, the man responsible for opening, closing, and counting, week after week has come to the realization that he needs to concentrate on school, opportunities, friends, and life in general. Odd I know, but there you have it. ;)

Now, he isn't going anywhere, he just isn't going to be able to continue with the weekly commitment that the Top Ten is. Farin, for many of the same reasons, is also not able to take on any more responsibility than he has now, nor are Laurie or myself. We are all spread farily thin already. So, to the point. What shall we do?

If we want the Top Ten to continue the way it is now, we'll need a volunteer to join the Team. Someone available to post the list Wednesday and count the votes, post the list, and update the archives on Fridays. Understand going in, it is a fairly huge commitment, although any of us that are around would be happy to help. It honestly isn't all that time consuming a job, but it's the commitment of doing it.

In addition we're asking for ideas for changes that we could possibly make to help accomodate anyone that might want to help, or at least help me. Because as long as everyone wants to keep the thing going, I'm game to continue.

But then there is always the question .... do you want to continue? Because I don't want to beat a dead horse either.

:help: :help:

I also want to thank Fin for his dedication. He really has done an fantastic job, he's been Mr Dependable, and always ready and able to figure out what I may have been unable to. Or fix what I've gotten wrong ... :D :bow: :bow:

Actually everyone that has worked with the Ten deserves a bunch of bows here ... Darryl, Farin, Katie, Levis, Chris, Laurie, Lea, and now Steel2Velvet (and yeah, maybe me too). We do a h*ll of a job, if I do say so myself. :D

so now, talk amongst yourselves please ....

EDIT: Just to make it clear, nothing has to be done immediatly, between all of us we can split up the jobs and keep going as is for a bit .... this is just something we need to figure out.

Edited by Guest

I'm sorry not to have Fin anymore with the Top and I say THANK YOU, FIN!!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Same for Martin. THANK YOU, MARTIN!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Well, at least you will be around... :) I was afraid you'd be leaving the boards.

I'm not very much around lately either.,.. real life has won :laughing: But I love my site and I will never leave :cool:

I hope you spend your new spare time as good as you did by organizing the TT's Fintan :bow:

Perhaps this job doesn't have to come down on one person to do all the work every week. I'd suggest a team of a few people. That way nobody is bound to a weekly 'sacrifice' of time.

That's just me trying to help you. I, myself don't have the time to do this :(

Thanks for your offers of help guys. Noted and noted. ;) I hope everyone will ring in here with a thought or idea. Or at least a yay or nay that you want the Top Ten to continue? I enjoy it, but I worry in case people may feel they have to participate? Is it time to let the Ten drift off into the sunset?

That's just me trying to help you. I, myself don't have the time to do this

:laughing: :D :jester: thanks Viaene. That's exactly what I mean. Ideas folks! ;)

Edited by Guest

Is it time to let the Ten drift off into the sunset?

That may be the best option. The problem I see with it tho, is some of the members here rarely post unless it's to the tens thread.

CanAm, bazooka, Dappled etc. if we end the tens we may never hear from them again :puppyeyes:

• 3 months later...