The 2010 Olympic Winter Games

Farin

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is certainly not an auspicious start to these Winter Olympics. I saw the footage earlier today, and it was, without doubt, one of the most horrific things I've ever seen. I'm glad that the Georgian team has decided to stay on. I'm sure the athlete himself would have wanted his colleagues to continue. God bless him and his family.

I predict the U.S. to do less than mediocre at these events and to be boo'd by our rivals: the Canadians.

"Warm reception for the United States delegation -- The U.S. athletes received one of the warmest welcomes while entering BC Place. Only Georgia (home country of Nodar Kumaritashvili) and Canada were greeted with bigger cheers."

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/vancouver/blog/fourth_place_medal/post/The-10-best-moments-from-Vancouver-s-Opening-Cer?urn=oly,219441

As long as your hockey and curling teams are psyched out enough to believe so , then it worked . You can split the rest of the medals amongst yourselves - we're not greedy ... nor worthy . :D

(Actually , I'd be surprised if at least 25+% of the audience wasn't American to start with .)

w00t for Canadians :thumbsup:

and yeah they did... for now... :shades:

but Vonn would have won (heh, that rhymed :D ) the downhill course with perfect snow conditions and without any falls too.

that Shaun White guy did an impressive run in the halfpipe though

Edited by Guest

I've enjoyed watching the great competition. Ironically, most of the Canadian medal winners have been somewhat surprising. Bilodeau was the only one of our medal winners who was considered a sure-fire podium finisher. I'm just glad that he kicked Begg-Smith's butt. I can't stand the guy (and it has nothing to do with his decision to move to Australia). I've heard the guy in interviews and he is just soooo arrogant.

I'm glad to see that Shani Davis was able to repeat as the gold medal winner in the 1000 metre long-track speed skating race. He trains in Calgary and is a great ambassador for the USA and for speed skating.

Like Batman, I prioritize my support. I cheer for Canada first (country of residence) and the United States (great neighbour) and Britain (birthright and ancestry) second.

And what is up with the British media? They have absolutely trashed everything to do with these Olympic games. Do they like anything? They seem to delight in trashing things (like the Royal Family) and seldom have a good word to say about anything. GET A LIFE PEOPLE!!!!!