Oh, Warner, get over yourselves

Levis

do they actually think that everybody's going to buy new records when they can't listen to the songs anywhere?

Well I assume they will still allow regular radio airplay, which is, I gather, how much of the general public is exposed to what they end up buying anyway. :P

And I can't say I'm surprised. It's kind of a miracle they let something that cut so much into their potential bottom line continue for this long. But, yeah, it sucks.

Let's download everything we can NOW!!! ...before it's over. :shades:

So even if I have my own bought CD i won't be able to uphold a track on a link to be posted here? Besides, Spotify or LastFM can't be downloaded... it's like an internet radio station after all... the ones who might have trouble are the artists but as long as these sites pay the ASCAP or whatever... :/

New media has to give the consumer what they want and the consumer is in a world where they want things right here, right now - and if you don't give it to them, they'll steal it.

Didn't see that one coming. Not sure if I should be offended or nod in agreement.

I'm curious, are covers of songs, during stage performances by lesser bands, a commodity the rights of which belong to the publisher of that song; and after the perfomance is its reproduction billable to that band?

What about when people just sing songs in the shower; legally speaking, should they be paying royalties to someone? The songs are apparently not public domain.