Songfactor's Top 10 Movies (Oscars: Best Picture Winners)

MindCrime

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nominations.jpg

All about Eve

All Quiet on the Western Front

Amadeus

American Beauty

Annie Hall

Apartment, The

Braveheart

Casablanca

Dances With Wolves

Deer Hunter, The

Departed, The

Driving Miss Daisy

English Patient, The

Forrest Gump

French Connection, The

Gladiator

Godfather, The

Godfather Part II, The

Gone with the Wind

How Green Was My Valley

Lord of The Rings: Return of The King

Midnight Cowboy

On the Waterfront

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Out of Africa

Rain Man

Rocky

Schindler's List

Silence of the Lambs, The

Slumdog Millionaire

Sound of Music, The

Sting, The

Titanic

Unforgiven

West Side Story

Vote Away Now!

*Anyone is welcome to vote, regardless of nominating or not.

:popcorn: oscar-winning-emoticon.gif

1. Midnight Cowboy "Hey! I'm walkin' heah!"

2. On the Waterfront "I coulda been a contender"

3. Rain Man "I'm an excellent driver."

4. Forrest Gump "Because I love you, Jenny."

5. Godfather, The "We'll make him an offer ...."

6. All about Eve

7. Braveheart

8. How Green Was My Valley

9. Titanic "Jack!!!" "Rose!!!"

10. Lord of The Rings: Return of The King

Tough paring here - as one might expect among excellence.

It was so tough to rank these, I like these all very much and would watch these over and over:

1. Forrest Gump #1 because it was the movie my husband and I went to on our first date

2. Dances with Wolves simply a beautiful movie

3. Gladiator "Are you not entertained?"

4. Silence of the Lambs

5. Rain Man Kmart sucks!"

6. Gone with The Wind

7. American Beauty

8. The Godfather

9. Schindler's List one of the few movies that have made me bawl openly at the theather

10. One Flew over The Cuckoos Nest

1. The Godfather (The Ultimate in cinematic history)

2. The Godfather, Part II (The sequel's never quite as good as the original.

3. The Deer Hunter (Christopher Walken was even hilarious in this one!)

4. Forrest Gump ("You'd better tuck in that lip, boy, before you get it caught on a tripwire.")

5. Titanic ("Rose, you FAT B*TCH! Can't you move over just a TINY bit, so I can sit on that damn raft, too?!)

6. The Departed ("Something just came off the roof! I think it was Emilio Estevez!")

7. Gone With The Wind ("You know what, Scarlett?! I couldn't give two sh*ts about you OR your damn plantation!"

8. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (The Big Indian rules, man!)

9. The French Connection (Popeye and Bluto are fantastic in this one!)

10. The Silence of the Lambs ("It puts the lotion on its skin, or else it has to see me naked again." You have to admit - that old, ugly dude hiding the candy like that - that was pretty f***in' scary!)

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :jester: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1. Braveheart '95 " I'm so afraid. Lord, give me the strength to die well."

2. Deerhunter '78 "Nicky, it's the only way. I'll pick the moment. The game goes until I move. When I start shootin', go for the nearest guard, get his gun and zap the f...er!"

3. Forrest Gump '94 "Dear God, make me a bird. So I could fly far. Far far away from here."

4. Schindler's List '93 "We give you a Jewish girl at five marks a day, Oskar. You should kiss us, not them. God forbid you ever get a real taste for Jewish skirt, there's no future in it. They don't have a future. That's not just good old fashioned Jew hating talk. It's policy now."

5. Unforgiven '92 "That's right. I've killed women and children. I've killed just about everything that walks or crawled at one time or another. And I'm here to kill you, Little Bill, for what you did to Ned."

6. Midnight Cowboy '79 "You want the word on that brother-and-sister act, Hansel's a fag and Gretel's got the hots for herself, so who cares, right? Load up on the salami."

7. Rocky '76 "Stay in school and use your brain. Be a doctor, be a lawyer, carry a leather briefcase. Forget about sports as a profession. Sports make ya grunt and smell. See, be a thinker, not a stinker."

8. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest '75 " The funny thing is that the person that he's the closest to is the one he dislikes the most...That's you, Mildred!"

9. Dances with Wolves '90 "I was just thinking that of all the trails in this life there is one that matters most. It is the trail of a true human being. I think you are on this trail and it is good to see!"

10. Driving Miss Daisey '89 "Oh, Miss Daisy, yesterday, while you was out visitin', I went and ate a can of your salmon. Now, I know you said eat the left-over pork chops, but they was kinda stiff. So, I stopped at the Piggly Wiggly and got you another can. You want me just to go on and put it in the cupboard?"

I'm surprised that out of such a great list Cool-hand Luke, Shawshank Redemption or Good Fellas wasn't mentioned!

:P

1. How Green Was My Valley

2. Gone with the Wind

3. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

4. Godfather, The

5. Sting, The

6. Deer Hunter, The

7. Schindler's List

8. Unforgiven

9. Driving Miss Daisy

10. Forrest Gump

It was just as hard to pick #10 as it was #1. :puppyeyes:

1. The Godfather "It's strictly business."

2. Casablanca "Round up the usual suspects."

3. The Silence of the Lambs "Brave Clarice. You will let me know when those lambs stop screaming, won't you?"

4. The Godfather Part II ""We're bigger than US Steel."

5. Gone with the Wind "You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how."

6. Schindler's List "These people. My people. I want my people."

7. Departed, The "I'm afraid she's on her way out...We all are, act accordingly."

8. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest "I'm here to cooperate with you a hundred percent."

9. On the Waterfront "Which side are you with? Me? I'm with me..."

10. The English Patient "I have to teach myself not to read too much into everything. It comes from too long having to read so much into hardly anything at all."

1. Amadeus - Tom Hulce and F. Murray Abraham were brilliant.

2. The French Connection

3. The Sound Of Music - a rather predictable story, but fabulous music, cinematography and a young, beautiful Julie Andrews.

4. The Sting - almost as good a pairing as Butch and Sundance.

5. Rocky - Stallone should have quit after this one.

6. Schindler's List

7. Casablanca - not Bogart's best and somewhat overrated IMO, but a great film nonetheless.

8. Braveheart - historical inaccuracies abound (among others, William Wallace was about 6'8" and the Scots of the 13th century did not wear blue face paint), but a rollicking good yarn nonetheless.

9. Out Of Africa - beautiful music and gorgeous scenery.

10. All Quiet On The Western Front.

Ironically, none of these movies would make my list of top 25 movies of all time.

Nominations.jpg

01. Gladiator

02. Gone with the Wind

03. Casablanca

04. Deer Hunter, The

05. French Connection, The

06. Midnight Cowboy

07. On the Waterfront

08. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

09. Braveheart

10. Rocky

11. Silence of the Lambs, The

12. West Side Story

This is definitely a good set of movies. I can watch these more than once :beatnik: