edison lighthouse

shellfire62

Hey shellfire, welcome to SF.

I remember the exact video you mean but I don't see it at youtube to remind myself. Is there something that makes you certain it isn't Burrows? Anyway wiki says:

After the success of "Love Grows", Burrows left to pursue other projects, and Macaulay, who owned the rights to the Edison Lighthouse name, assembled another group of musicians to record under the name[3]. Members of the group Merlin `Q` were brought in to perpetuate the image of a real working band[3]. Actor and singer Paul Vigrass replaced Burrows and other members of the re-assembled group were David Kerr-Clemenson (bass guitar), Andy Locke (guitar), Eddie Richards (drums) and Wally Scott (guitar).

Is it possible that the video was actually the re-formed band, and the singer this Paul Vigrass?

thanks for the response..i am sure it is not tony burrows if you go on utube and put in edison lighthouse it should be the first one to come up it is a pic of a guy with long brown hair singing

this is driving me crazy all the references to the band refer to tony but i know it is not him..if you have anymore info i would for you to share it with me..thanks

Have you read my previous post? I'll post it again... ;)

You mean this video?

The singer is Andy Locke, the guitar player. No, it is not Burrows.

It says: "Classic late 60's featuring the great Tony Burrows on vocals. This is NOT Tony singing on the video. "

And then somebody posted Andy is miming to Tony burrows vocals in this video.. unfortunately!!! but hey.. it's Andy & co who appear in the only existing music video..

Is this the video you mean? They say it's Tony Burrows ...but if you read the comments posted, it seems like it's Andy Locke (guitar player)who is miming the original version sung by Burrows...

I mean, the youtube poster says that Burrows is the singer of the song but NOT in the video.

From what I read at wiki, Burrows was just in the studio to record the vocals (then off to record White Plains "My Baby Loves Lovin'"). He was famous for having 3 hits the same year singing vocals for 3 different bands. That completely explains why cute guy Andy is only lipsynching. Poor fella can't sing, he's just a pretty face. ;)