Songfacts 2010 Oscar Pool

Mike

I can't stand him. The look of anger on his face when Kathryn Bigelow won both best director and best picture was extremely gratifying.

They used to be married. Being the first women in HISTORY to win best director and getting to flaunt it over your egotistical self aggrandising ex? Now THAT is a victory for women every where. :rockon:

I agree. But I'm glad you said it first. ;)

Nobody's knocked off my head so far....anyway, I'm not saying it's bad or anything, I'm just saying that I'm not really that interested in seeing it. That alone has gotten me some looks.

A woman I worked with didn't like "Up", said it was too depressing. I think she missed the point of the movie, but what I say....that's why they make more than one flavor of ice cream.

Nothing flips your ex-husband a bigger finger than beating him at his mastery.

In my opinion, quite the underdog win. I was happy with that.

Did any one happen to see her talking to the press backstage? She was gracious and modest and humble. Three things James Cameron is most decidedly not. The Academy really got it right with her win :thumbsup:

Great, another 15 minute spotlight, at least Shaun White's time is up. :P

That's a really snarky comment :mad:

She's the first woman in history to win best director, so she's probably going to have a lot more than just 15 minutes, and she's been in the business for 30 years, so this is a long time coming.

Decent show. I thought Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin did OK, the acting award winners were fairly predicable, though I was somewhat hoping Jeremy Renner would win Best Actor for The Hurt Locker, excellent performance: "There's enough bang in there to blow us all to Jesus. If I'm gonna die, I want to die comfortable."

And I'm very happy it upset for Best Picture/Director, partly because I too don't care much for James Cameron personally or many of his movies for that matter. Avatar was alright but The Hurt Locker is one of my recent favourites and it's one of the best war movies I've ever seen, particularly of those dealing with Iraq. I think I reviewed it somewhere here last year, highly recommended.

Up in the Air and Inglourious Basterds were good too but not really Oscar-worthy I thought (excepting Christoph Waltz), so their losses weren't a surprise. Up was a given for Best Animated and deservedly so. Loved it. :D