Police say Georgia mom forced son to kill hamster

Lea

Police say Georgia mom forced son to kill hamster

Fri Jan 22, 11:31 am ET

WARM SPRINGS, Ga. – A Georgia woman is in jail after police say she forced her son to kill his pet hamster with a hammer as punishment for bad grades.

The sheriff of rural Meriwether County told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution Thursday that the 12-year-old boy told his teacher about the killing. The teacher reported it to the Division of Family and Child Services, who contacted police.

Sheriff Steve Whitlock said 38-year-old Lynn Middlebrooks Geter of Warm Springs faces one charge each of animal cruelty, child cruelty and battery.

The sheriff's office said she remained in the Meriwether County jail early Friday. It was not immediately known if she had a lawyer.

Meriwether County is located about 90 minutes southwest of Atlanta.

Who does something like that to their own kid ? That poor little boy :puppyeyes:

I don't know about Az MC but here in OR they do make the headlines.

Everyone. From the smallest little burg like mine to the largest cities like Portland.

You being a parent, I would think that hearing about a parent doing something like that would be a big deal to you.

Her behavior is how a parent creates a serial killer. It is a very big deal. That little boy is so very lucky he told someone. What do you think his monster of a mother might have thought up for his next punishment?

As a parent and someone that thinks children and young people are the greatest invention since sliced bread, I find that womens actions so horrifing I can't quite wrap my mind around it :puppyeyes: