Songs about London

Scott25546

?????HUH? Unless you people think Liverpool is a suburb of London, I dont get this at all..

Pardon me. I don't live in London. Where, exactly is Liverpool's proximity to London, my fine British friend?

And I do take a slight offense at the 'general lack of knowledge' comment. There is no need to be condescending towards someone because they aren't familiar with your part of the world.

As far as my lack of knowledge, I passed the entry exam at the local Mensa chapter, so I feel I know a thing or two. I was smart enough to know I wasn't going to pay 400 bucks a year to be a member of Mensa. ::

And my name is Dave, not "you people". ::

Oh, yeah, Life in London, by Pat Travers.

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you people

Denmark, why do you not like Americans? You've made it very obvious in many of your posts whether you realize it or not.

You're quite wrong ,MT. I've no general dislike for Americans as a whole. I am occasionally a little surprised by the general lack of knowledge of the rest of the world that some of your fellow countrymen sometimes display, but even that is no reason to dislike them.

I think you may be misinterpreting my casual use of 'you people'..its not particularly dismissive I believe. Same language, different interpretation.

Wow....not sure how to respond to it but I agree with you Muzik, the use of the phrase "you people" does seem to reference a group of folks in a derogatory manner.

As for Denmark....so you think us Americans display lack of knowledge at times? Well all I can say is thank God, as it shows that we too are human. You mentioned the "rest of the world" but left out your country. I am willing to bet my last coin there may be one or two Brits in your country who may display a general lack of knowledge at times....hmmmmm, I believe I know of one on Downing Street.

Don't Try To Lay No Boogie Woogie On the King Of Rock And Roll!

:guitar: :guitar: :guitar: :guitar: :guitar: :guitar: :guitar: :guitar: :guitar: :guitar: :guitar: :guitar: :guitar:

Dave, I think you are just a little too defensive. Denmark explained he meant no offense. I understand his puzzlement over the stated location of Liverpool. Liverpool is I believe to the northwest of London, and actually several hours drive. It is very near Wales. I am not a member of Mensa, just a high school graduate, but I'm pretty good at geography. However in Dave's defense, Denmark, would you know the location of Philadelphia in relation to New York City without checking a map? Be nice guys. ::

Denmark, would you know the location of Philadelphia in relation to New York City without checking a map?

Sorry, but yes, I would. ::

And just to clarify matters, Liverpool is situated on the north-west coast of England, on the Irish Sea.

Its about 240 miles north of London, about the same kind of distance that Philadelphia is from, say, Pittsburgh ( maybe not so far in US terms, but another planet as far as we are concerned! )

This whole hoo-ha reminds me of a series of posts between sweet Gilliann and I. We were discussing the movie "Love, Actually". One of the English characters decided to move to America to "get girls" and ended up in Nebraska. Being American, I thought that was hilarious because Nebraska is about the most unglamorous state in the U.S. One would think that if someone was to move here, they would go somewhere cool like New York or California. Gilliann, being from Ireland, had no idea why that was funny.

Just a little geographical miscommunication. No big deal.

Peace to all,

Peaches ::

Actually, girls in California and New York are waaay too stuck up to have a lot of luck with - unless the title character had a lot of money and was good looking :beatnik: Nebraska would start to look mighty nice after finding that out...

There are beautiful women no matter where you go in the world. There's something beautiful to be found in just about any woman, whether it be physical, intellectual, altruistic, whatever.

Great line, Jrowns. I bet you pick up a lotta hot babes with this one. If you have anymore good ones, please share them with the rest of us.

:jester: :jester: :jester:

Great line, Jrowns. I bet you pick up a lotta hot babes with this one. If you have anymore good ones, please share them with the rest of us.

:jester: :jester: :jester:

That's no line, that's the truth. Never dated a person because of how they looked, physically.

Besides,I already have a hot babe. I married her. She's 44, about 40 pounds over weight, nosey, mouthy, and loud sometimes. She's my best friend and my arch nemisis. My lover, my buddy, my nurse, sometimes my boss, as well. She's fiercely loyal to family, and very protective of our kids.

After putting up with me for the last 13 years, I'd say she's part saint with the patience of Job, as well.

I definitely married way out of my league.

She sounds a lot like me. Too bad more men don't realize just how lucky they are. Come to think of it though, my 50 year old, 200 pound, beer drinkin, couch potato, Father and Grandfather of the Year, can get me goin with that wink and wiggle of eyebrows everytime! No line necessary. ;)

I think this has turned into one of the most amusing threads ever! So funny! A raw nerve has certainly been touched!! I would love to add my two-penneth-worth to it, but I think it would be interpreted as further xenophobia.

Anyway, about the original post, the only song (that hasn't already been mentioned) I can think of about Liverpool...I mean London ...is "Last Night In Soho" by Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich. [A British group from the 60's]