American Idol Season 9

Tenacious_Peaches

For weeks I have been saying Crystal will be this year's American Idol while thinking Lee would be a close second.

Last night my thoughts changed on that matter. When the final twelve were chosen I thought there were better choices than Lee. Every week this guy has just gotten better and better. Simple Man was brilliant as well as his arrangement of Hallelujah.

I think it is now Crystal that needs to catch up if she still wants to win this thing.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they're positioning Lee to win this thing, and I'm guessing he will.

FINALLY...SOMEONE THAT AGREES WITH ME! IT'S FIXED!

IT WAS FIXED LAST YEAR! IT WAS FIXED THE YEAR BEFORE THAT! IT ALWAYS HAS BEEN FIXED!

IT'S EVEN WORSE THAN THE YANKEES WINNING LAST YEAR'S WORLD SERIES!!

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :jester:

That thought was trying to form in my mind, too. It wasn't quite clear, but reading these posts makes me lean in that direction.

By the same token, they all got to choose their own songs for the first one, and Casey chose one that didn't have much oomph power. I don't think he's really got the passion to be a big-time performer.

Previous winners: Kelly Clarkson, Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino, Carrie Underwood, Taylor Hicks, Jordan Sparks, David Cook, Kris Allen.

Two of these things are not like the others

Two of these things actually have a career

David Cook is also successful.

Exactly. While there have been some real stinkers come out of Idol there have been some huge careers launched as well, win or lose. Crystal & Lee both have a great shot at success, and that's the real point I think.

After Tuesday night's performances I thought Mamasox may have stolen it right back from Lee. I felt her 3 performances were the strongest with her third, Up To The Mountain being perfect. Lee kind of lost a notch though his performances were good also.

I bet my wife a dinner that Crystal came back and will win while she stuck with Lee after having a strange allegiance to Aaron early in the season. I am really not surprised that I lost the bet.

Crystal should still have a career of some kind now that she has created the fan base on the show. My only critique for her is she should lay off the screaming so much. After a while the songs feel redundant.

As for Lee, I will take a listen to his first album when it comes out. I am really not sure how popular he will be but I am sure he will fair better than Stoddard or Hicks have. Also, is it me or did Lee and Crystal sound good together in their few duets?

• 2 weeks later...