The Butterfly Effect

MuzikTyme

Has anyone seen this movie? I watched it last night and enjoyed it immensely. This is the best movie I've seen in a very long time. There're more twists and turns than Chubby Checker opening a bottle of vintage wine.

I don't rave about movies often but this one is brilliant.

Check it out!

Those of you that've seen it I'd like to hear your comments.

Glad you liked it.

What's freaky is I bought the movie because it was under five bucks in the sales bin. I liked the description yet wasn't expecting too much because it was so cheap. Man, was I surprised.

It's amazing, to me, that movies like Butterfly Effect do lousy at the box office yet movies like The Village are charged top dollar for.

I just rented that last weekend and I found it to be a fantastic movie!! My younger sister didn't agree (she said it was stupid) but maybe she wasn't looking quite deep enough into the movie....But, like others have said, I won't go into detail because I don't want to ruin it for anyone. :shades: But...ummm...yeah...go see the movie if you haven't already.

Hey Muzik, you are the first " Sea Anemone" I've seen so far in the forum...way cool!

Oh, I have to agree, my sister and I got into some healthy banter after the movie was over drilling each other on what I liked about it and what she didn't. But I will say that after I gave her a little different perspective about certain things and what they could mean, she lightened up. :: I think I will buy the movie today.

I thought it was surprisingly good.

By all accounts it was a good movie, it was also probably one of the best 'time travel' movies I've ever seen, it doesn't work itself into a lot of holes or anything, and there was only one real 'logic flaw' throughout the whole thing.

And that was the part where Ashton gets the help from that one dude in jail by proving he can time travel, and the dude sees holes appear in his hands, well the problem with that was if he had the holes in his hands when he was seven, then those scars woulda been there when he first entered the jail, therefore the dude shouldn't have noticed a difference.

Other then that it was awesome and I highly reccomend it :coolio:

(I was also really impressed with Ashton Kutcher's performance)

And Muzik, just for the heck of it

"The Village Sucked!!!!!!!" :jester:

And that was the part where Ashton gets the help from that one dude in jail by proving he can time travel, and the dude sees holes appear in his hands, well the problem with that was if he had the holes in his hands when he was seven, then those scars woulda been there when he first entered the jail, therefore the dude shouldn't have noticed a difference.

No, Scott sweetie, let me explain the part you are speaking of: It hadn't happened at all...UNTIL Ashton went back and did it to prove his point to his inmate. So going INTO jail he wouldn't have had the scars...because he didn't actually DO that yet...until he went back....get it??? ::

Okay Opiate, but pure time lining it, if he went back to when he was seven, he would have had those scars from seven on, because in all other cases when he changed something what he did had a direct effect on everything else in his life, it's not like when he blew his arms off they were blown off for a second, then 13 years down the line he suddenly woke up without arms, right?

Time travel movies are freakin' confusing.

Okay, Scottie, BUT....He ended up having them though. When they appeared on his hands, they were scars...not wounds (how the hell do you spell that anyway?? it should be woonds... :laughing:) So...in actuality, when timelining that would be correct...because the scars appeared as if they had been there since he was 7....right???

Yes, but they were "new" because he went back to that moment and slammed his hands down on the spikes. Even when the other stuff changed it was "new" to him...but NOT "new" because the past was changed. That's why the scars appeared after he did that because he just changed the past again...so the scars were part of the "new" future...

It's okay buddy.....I understand....I know what you are saying...you know what I am saying....I guess we should just stop it already. :laughing:

I thought it was surprisingly good.

By all accounts it was a good movie, it was also probably one of the best 'time travel' movies I've ever seen, it doesn't work itself into a lot of holes or anything, and there was only one real 'logic flaw' throughout the whole thing.

Other then that it was awesome and I highly reccomend it :coolio:

(I was also really impressed with Ashton Kutcher's performance)

And Muzik, just for the heck of it

"The Village Sucked!!!!!!!" :jester:

Hmmm, so much for being discrete. :P

I see your points scott but when he went back, (in front of the other inmate) he changed the past by what he did, thus producing the stigmata. He didn't have the scars when he left because he had not yet changed the past. This is why they suddenly appeared.

Each time he went back, he did something different to change the past/future. So, I guess, in this case, if time travel was even possible, it makes sense, somewhat.

The thing is, Butterfly Effect deals with time travel, a very irrational proposition as far as physics go so I didn't try to believe it, just kinda went along for the ride.

But, as you said, it's the best time travel movie I've ever seen and I don't believe in time travel, at least not in our three dimensional reality. Although, anything is possible in the fourth dimension.

Oh, scott, was wondering if you had seen The Village and how well you liked it?

=:P

I'm going to type this v e r y s l o w l y so that everyone can understand...

When you see the pretty pictures moving on the big screen, it's not actually happening. No need to dissect the details of something that ain't real, folks.

Besides, I haven't seen the movie yet, but now I'll spend the whole time trying to figure out the scars that haven't appeared. Wait, maybe if I can build a machine to go back in time to before I read these posts...

Peace :beatnik:,

Peaches

I thought it was a very good movie. One of my recent favorites. As for all you Ashton-bashers out there....I have a very strong dislike for Ashton (bordering on hate), but I saw the movie anyway. I think he did a pretty good job. Even if you don't like him, see the movie anyway. The story's that good.

Has anyone seen the director's cut? It was on the flip side of the DVD that I rented. It has a different ending. I was wondering which one people liked the most. As for me, I prefer the theatrical release's ending the best.