Journey --- I'd Love To Meet The Original Band Members!

babyteen

I am a big big fan of Journey, and I would sure love to see a reunion of their 1981-1997 lineup. I remember hearing "Journey Behind The Music" on VH1, and when it came to the part where Jonathan Cain broke down and cried, I really wanted so badly to come over there and give him a big hug. I wanted to tell him, "I feel for you, and I know the feeling when it comes to losing a friend or a loved one." I lost a couple of friends this year. One was a very kind man named Tim Moran, who was my mother's age, 49, when he passed away this year on Presidents' Day. He had a heart attack, and he sure left behind a big legacy. Some say what gave him a heart attack was, giving his heart out to the community in Eugene and Springfield, Oregon. Unfortunately for him, he was a divorced father of five children. Another friend I lost was a woman named Diane Koening. Diane was a few years younger than my Grandmother, who is now 71. Diane died in June of this year. Unfortunately her cause of death is still being determined, as she had diabetes when she was living, and she had a troubled time with ulcers. Diane used to cut my hair, and I'll never forget the times when she and I would sing to each other. Diane told me she wasn't the best of singers, but I sure thought it was cute when we both sang to each other! I remember the last time we talked to each other, one thing I said to her was, can we go and have ice cream together sometime? The last thing I remember her saying to me is, yes we can. However, now, unfortunately we can't, since she's gone. I would sure love to meet the original band members of Journey, that is, Steve Perry, Neal Schön, Jonathan Cain, Ross Vallory and Steve Smith. Journey is soooooooo cooooooool! Like Steve Perry once put it, Journey is number one in the nation! By the way, do any of you remember Steve Perry from Journey? I've been searching for him, since I've always wanted to meet him. From what I've researched, he's currently living in Del Mar, California. However, I haven't found any contact information, such as an Email Address, phone number, or even a mailing address. Where do I search? I've checked tons of white pages and email directories, but I can't find anything. Where do I turn? My friend, Dawn Stahlberg told me that Steve Perry might not want to be contacted, and I told her, I know he wants to be contacted. He's not like Björk, who attacked a news reporter for filming her son. And he's certainly not like Michael Jackson, who was constantly extorted by the press and the media. If I could describe it, Steve Perry's like Ben Taylor, who always wants to be friends with his fans. By the way I met Ben Taylor when he came to Eugene for a concert, and I'm telling you, he's quite a sweet guy! He's like an older brother to me!

:)

I don't know about whether or not Steve Perry wants to be contacted but I know he doesn't perform much anymore. He underwent hip surgery about 10 years ago and it's made walking around on stage very had for him.

I hope his hip surgery didn't come with any complications. I've heard some people have complications during and after surgery. Some people even die from such complications. For example, Bobby Darrin, when he died of complications from heart surgery. I guess hip replacement is different from that. Either way, I feel for Steve, and I sure hope he can still let his voice ring out to the world. I remember on "Behind The Music", Steve did say that he sure misses performing.