RIP Brittany Murphy

MarcM

I respected her as an actress. She brightened her films with her charismatic personality and appearance. I am mostly just familiar with her role in Sin City, but she was a terrific actress nonetheless. Sorry to her family for the holidays, she was very young, especially to suffer from a cardiac arrest.

Brittany_Murphy.jpg

R.I.P. Brittany Murphy (1977-2009)

She had a heroin problem not that long ago, and a rather public one at that. $10 says this was a drug-related death. You don't just drop dead at 32 unless you had underlying health problems that no one knows about OR you were into the bad stuff and it killed you.

Whether it was drug-related or she did die of natural causes, it's still a shame she died so young. Early 30s is such a waste.

A shocking and sad announcement. This young woman was talented and I enjoyed her work. But more than a talent lost, I'm sad over a life lost so young. My thoughts are very much with her family this evening. In these early hours after her death, the reasons for her death and speculations about those reasons are really unimportant. A young life is gone, and a family is left to deal with a tragedy.

RIP Miss Murphy.

A large amount of prescription drugs were found in her home and linked to the cause of death.

I wonder what Tom Petty has to say about this, he & Murphy were the girlfriend-boyfriend voice-overs on King of the Hill.

MV5BMjE4ODI5NjgxN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNzc3

Voice cast of King of the Hill, including Brittany Murphy and Tom Petty.

Edited by Guest

• 4 months later...

Brittany Murphy's Husband Dead

Brittany Murphy's husband is found dead at home

Simon Monjack's death comes less than six months after that of wife Brittany Murphy.

LOS ANGELES (AP) — The husband of Brittany Murphy was found dead at his Los Angeles home late Sunday, five months after the Hollywood actress died, police said.

The preliminary cause of the death of British screenwriter Simon Monjack is natural causes, police spokesman Sgt. Louie Lozano told The Associated Press.

"We concluded there no signs of foul play or any criminal activity involved," said Sgt. Alex Ortiz, another police spokesman.

Firefighters responding to an emergency call from a woman at 9:40 p.m. found the 39-year-old Monjack dead at the Hollywood Hills residence, police spokesman Sgt. Louie Lozano said. Ortiz said he didn't know who called. Monjack and Murphy had shared their home with Murphy's mother, Sharon.

Ortiz said that the Los Angeles Coroner's Office was taking over the investigation because criminal activity had been ruled out, and would provide more details later on the death and circumstances surrounding it.

At his wife's funeral in December, a visibly emotional Monjack talked about their relationship and called her his best friend and soul mate. The two married in 2007.

He had said that they had been planning a family and contemplating a move to New York.

Murphy, best known for her major roles in Clueless ,Girl Interrupted , and 8 Mile in 2002, died Dec. 20, at age 32 after collapsing in her home. The Los Angeles County coroner's office concluded Murphy's death was accidental, but likely preventable.

The coroner's report said that the medications found in her system were consistent with treatment of a cold or respiratory infection. Monjack and Murphy's mother had reported the actress was ill with flulike symptoms in the days before her death.

An autopsy found no evidence that Murphy abused drugs. Investigators had found numerous prescription medications in her home.

Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.