Spam?

The Seeker

I've been wondering why posts by people who put spam links in their signatures etc don't always get deleted, like this one (sorry Shawna, I'm not trying to pick on you, this is just the most recent example :) )... their posts just get edited so the links are gone. I know those spammers try to make it look like they've actually got something to say about the topic, but it's still obviously spam. Can't we just delete them altogether?

This most recent example was someone new I think ... the link was to a french financial site (I've never before seen French spam :) ).

in many, many cases it is not the same individual because we ban not only their name, but their IP as well .... I think that this case was less obnoxious than most, and that may be why it was allowed remain. Shawna? Did I put the correct words in your mouth? :D

This most recent example was someone new I think ... the link was to a french financial site (I've never before seen French spam :) ).

in many, many cases it is not the same individual because we ban not only their name, but their IP as well .... I think that this case was less obnoxious than most, and that may be why it was allowed remain. Shawna? Did I put the correct words in your mouth? :D

yeah, that's a fair assessment. Also, I'm not the most astute at deciphering what is actual Spam. The first time I read that particular post, I questioned whether or not she could actually be someone from the Board of Tourism, and didn't want to P*** off an entire country by dissing her.

That said, if you all feel the entire thing is worthy of going away, I shall make it so.