Police seek person of interest in Wash. shooting

Lea

crikey. We talked about this in class this morning. Scary stuff... to think this guy was released not once, but twice after reverting to crime the first time!!

There are things that are so completely broken down about our justice system they will probably never be fixed. I hope when they find him they string him up by his b*lls.

This happened close to home in Washington state. I'm so upset about it. Last night on Criminal Minds, the episode was about this very thing.

It makes me wonder if sometimes TV programing puts thoughts in some peoples unstable minds :(

I'm just sayin'....

Link

TV shows don't make people violent. If this guy was going to kill 4 people, he was going to do it regardless of what was on TV, in the movies, in a video game or on the radio. After Columbine, people bent over backward to come up with excuses for why those two animals shot up the school and they all failed to address the actual issue - they didn't need provocation from Marilyn Manson or violent video games. These kids were going to do it anyway because once you make up your mind to take a life, outside factors very rarely have anything to do with it.

They could have listened to polka music and they would have done it.

Seattle police kill suspect in officer slayings Link

crikey. We talked about this in class this morning. Scary stuff... to think this guy was released not once, but twice after reverting to crime the first time!!

There are things that are so completely broken down about our justice system they will probably never be fixed. I hope when they find him they string him up by his b*lls.

Governor Huckabee is really catching hell over this for sure. As he should.

TV shows don't make people violent. If this guy was going to kill 4 people, he was going to do it regardless of what was on TV, in the movies, in a video game or on the radio. After Columbine, people bent over backward to come up with excuses for why those two animals shot up the school and they all failed to address the actual issue - they didn't need provocation from Marilyn Manson or violent video games. These kids were going to do it anyway because once you make up your mind to take a life, outside factors very rarely have anything to do with it.

They could have listened to polka music and they would have done it.

What I should have said is ,I personally think the media, TV , and some kinds of music, has over the years desensitized people.

Just my opinion I guess and I am from an older generation. The kinds of things you hear about these day were more then rare when I was young.

No, we didn't hear so much about this sort of stuff when we were young. But then, we didn't hear so much about pedophiles, epilepsy, and date rape, either. But those things all existed and continue to... it's just an evolving world, including what the media trumpets. :puppyeyes: